Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

17 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

I called my buddy Murphy about this mess.  These greenback people are full of mess. I garuntee you it is hard for me to believe that boy stepped off the sideline and as soon as he did the ball was hiked and the play just happened to be a real quick pass to him.  Im not falling for that mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a wonderful Christmas!  I'm a "Greenback people" and you're post is screaming sore loser. I don't appreciate your insinuating post that GB could only win by cheating. Last night I saw a great game. A great atmosphere. Two great teams battling it out on the field. I'm sorry that many SP posters can't handle defeat with dignity, but instead choose to sling mud like a three year old that didn't win a coloring contest. The only thing that I heard last night that absolutely blew my mind was when the SP fans clapped and cheered when GB's #6 limped to the sidelines. Shame on you!  The kids on both teams work so hard all year long!  #6 is a great kid. He's been through so much adversity in his life and if your fans knew his story you would be so ashamed of yourself for  cheering for him having an injury. 

Win with grace, lose with dignity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, muskox said:

I finally got caught up on this thread...geez took a bit....i will say south pitt was very impressive and has a great defense......i just can't take all the excuses from u guys....i know you are a storied program and losing don't happen often in your neck of the woods....the game should have been out of reach in the 3rd IF we play a clean game....#6 fumbles on the 25 in the midst of a drive u can't stop us on.....get inside the red zone again and we drop back to back passes tjat hit our receivers in the numbers....thats 2 tds we didn't get in the red zone and it's not because u stopped us....we stopped ourselves....a 4th and 2 inside the red zone again that u did stuff us on....oh yeah and lets not forget the pick 6 that was called back for a dumb penalty....so let's say in theory we capitalize on 3 of those 4 then it's not even close...that was the worst our offense has played since grace christian...and let's not forget we give u one of your tds on a silver platter with a fumbled punt inside the 10.....hope we get to play this game again next year 

There is a reason your offense did not convert every time...it is called a defense.  Good grief never seen a more ignorant post.  Greenback got most of the breaks last night but the Pirates were still in the game in the 4th quarter.  

2 hours ago, Gbnation said:

It was not an illegal play Roy. Go check the rule on it and post it on here so everyone can see it and that will end this discussion. The play was not intentional, #28 was supposed to be in on that play at wide out and wasn't so the coach put #23 in his place and as long as he goes inside the numbers and gets set he's fine!! Check and see if I'm not telling you the truth!! 

Just keep saying that...it will make you feel better but it was not a legal play.  Pirates were screwed in 1986 on the same play.  TSSAA verified it after the fact but it did not take the state championship away from Spring Hill.

Question...why is Greenback afraid to line up and just play football with such a good team?

23 minutes ago, cherokee007 said:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a wonderful Christmas!  I'm a "Greenback people" and you're post is screaming sore loser. I don't appreciate your insinuating post that GB could only win by cheating. Last night I saw a great game. A great atmosphere. Two great teams battling it out on the field. I'm sorry that many SP posters can't handle defeat with dignity, but instead choose to sling mud like a three year old that didn't win a coloring contest. The only thing that I heard last night that absolutely blew my mind was when the SP fans clapped and cheered when GB's #6 limped to the sidelines. Shame on you!  The kids on both teams work so hard all year long!  #6 is a great kid. He's been through so much adversity in his life and if your fans knew his story you would be so ashamed of yourself for  cheering for him having an injury. 

Win with grace, lose with dignity. 

And if you think he's joking...he's not!!

Dont we have a championship game to prepare for?!?

11 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

Just keep saying that...it will make you feel better but it was not a legal play.  Pirates were screwed in 1986 on the same play.  TSSAA verified it after the fact but it did not take the state championship away from Spring Hill.

Question...why is Greenback afraid to line up and just play football with such a good team?

UncleDave. I know they play you boys are talking about. My only problem with the play was the defense was lined up then when the kid came in our player immediately saw him step into the game, but he was so wide we couldn't get a defender out there on him. However, that one play didn't beat us. We lost.. it sucks...Let's move on. 

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

UncleDave. I know they play you boys are talking about. My only problem with the play was the defense was lined up then when the kid came in our player immediately saw him step into the game, but he was so wide we couldn't get a defender out there on him. However, that one play didn't beat us. We lost.. it sucks...Let's move on. 

Barney me and that man from Ronnies red eye saw that mess.  Grider wouldnt have got real mad if it was legal.  I garuntee you im not falling for their mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

I called my buddy Murphy about this mess.  These greenback people are full of mess. I garuntee you it is hard for me to believe that boy stepped off the sideline and as soon as he did the ball was hiked and the play just happened to be a real quick pass to him.  Im not falling for that mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

Trickeration Nation.  

Haven't read this whole thread, so maybe this has already been covered, but I have to say SP put themselves in a big hole with their kick coverage. GB had outstanding field position on at least three kickoffs, and one went the distance. Overall I was impressed with SP's physical capability but a little surprised by their kick coverage. #9 was a beast. He runs low and that actually cost him a couple times. He sells out to get through the first level but he's so low, he can't recover. Basically tackles himself. If he's returning, he'll be even better next year.

I know SP fans were pissed off, but their team played their butts off. I look forward to the rematch next year. Here's to hoping!