Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

23 minutes ago, gcapride said:

It was good to meet King and Nation. Yes, uknoit, I was eyeballing that hat but king looked like he might be too fast for me to outrun, even with his tassel laden leather jacket on. Always good to see 91 and his crew at a ballgame. It was a good night talking Football, men. Hope to see y’all Thursday. 

Im tooo fast for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game by both teams! Very proud of our boys and the way they played. South Pitt. is a great team as well. Raulston was very impressive, I don't understand why they didn't just give it to him every play and let him pick up his 3-4 yards a pop. I hate that #22 got hurt and could not compete. As for the trick plays I love em ask Maryville how many games they won because Quarles pulled a trick or 2. As for the fans we all love our teams and show it, some a little more classy than others heck my inner redneck likes to slip out at times and i get carried away. Sorry about our facilities its what we have the county doesn't support us like the other schools . The boosters normally donate to get what we have now and we are proud of what we have and our truck parking tradition just like you all are of your dang prematurely firing cannon. See you at the Speedway next year. On to state hope we can get that gold. Go Cherokees

1 minute ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Great game by both teams! Very proud of our boys and the way they played. South Pitt. is a great team as well. Raulston was very impressive, I don't understand why they didn't just give it to him every play and let him pick up his 3-4 yards a pop. I hate that #22 got hurt and could not compete. As for the trick plays I love em ask Maryville how many games they won because Quarles pulled a trick or 2. As for the fans we all love our teams and show it, some a little more classy than others heck my inner redneck likes to slip out at times and i get carried away. Sorry about our facilities its what we have the county doesn't support us like the other schools . The boosters normally donate to get what we have now and we are proud of what we have and our truck parking tradition just like you all are of your dang prematurely firing cannon. See you at the Speedway next year. On to state hope we can get that gold. Go Cherokees

Good luck to y’all next week. Once again, I didn’t think the guy running on the field from the sideline late was a trick play. I thought the rule was if you were set, and GB was at the line set, then ran a player on the white hat had to let the defense adjust. SImilar to the substitution rule. That play really doesn’t bother me because I look at it from this perspective that SP had the game in their hands and had a chance to go up 28-24 in the 4th and failed to do so. All you can blame is us. Still think we should have gave the ball to Garrett up the Middle instead of running outside because are line got about a 3 yard push up the gut on that play. All in all, qb, skill players, and special teams were better for y’all and you deserved it and made the plays to win. Congrats

I hate to say this but I agree with Grace Pride" yes I know O&B I said it I agree with Pride". It was great to meet THE KING wished I could have met some of you South Pitt fans. I really enjoy reading yalls post. Love it when we can get on here and give each other a hard time and can still get together and shake hands and talk man to man. Cant wait till we get to eat at the restaurant again next year before the game. because I really think it will be both of us again. So until Thanksgiving week next year good luck and be safe. 

8 minutes ago, gfd709 said:

I hate to say this but I agree with Grace Pride" yes I know O&B I said it I agree with Pride". It was great to meet THE KING wished I could have met some of you South Pitt fans. I really enjoy reading yalls post. Love it when we can get on here and give each other a hard time and can still get together and shake hands and talk man to man. Cant wait till we get to eat at the restaurant again next year before the game. because I really think it will be both of us again. So until Thanksgiving week next year good luck and be safe. 

I’ll be looking for my Christmas card in the coming weeks....

59 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate disagrees, The youngons are always the ones most disserving of congratulations. Point here,  Jockeys are only riders, the horses are the true champions

Again old pirate I agree with you on that but it take somebody to draw up the game plan to beat a team like South Pittsburg.

1 hour ago, UncleDave said:

Just keep saying that if it makes you feel better.  Point is Greenback is a good team that does not have to cheat to win...or throw bombs to the end zone with 30 seconds to go.  I guess that is why the drone was not allowed...no evidence of a crooked play.

60 years of listening to reasons/excuses for not winning a game doesn't prepare you for.....the drone excuse. :o:o:o  If you need a drone to compete in a high school football game, there are some serious issues with the focus of your coaching staff.  

And speaking of that, even my dog would have known to give the ball to #9 last night on 4th and 2.  Just sayin'...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cherokean said:

HAHA...game is for 4 qtrs,,,really...thanks for that tidbit of information and I'm guessing it's played on a football field also.  Was the game over?...NO.  So what's the difference if it had been a 40 yd run instead of possible 40 yd bomb with :30 left?...Nothing it's still 40 yds.  And I would bet the few whining wouldn't be if it were a 40 yd run.

Cherokean when you have time please post the stats of this game I'm curious to see what both teams had thanks

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Raulston 24 carries 118 yards,Gilbert 15 carries 70 yards and he aslo had a 50 yard TD pass.(both averaged about 4.5 yards a carry.Two rec with over 100 yards also.

Both are tough. Can you imagine a team having both those guys?Whew

Edited by powerp