Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

Congrats to GB. Very talented team. This year and next should be two straight Gold Balls. Very proud of my Pirates tonight. Left it all in the field, the future is very bright.

Sorry we missed the meeting before the game. Didn't want to take a chance on losing my seat since we got there so early to claim them. See you guys next year.

• Like 1

I’ll make this short, not gonna make excuses. You can’t make mistakes and win a ballgame like the one tonight. I believe both teams left it all on the field and battled all they could. Congratulations GB on your victory and I was more impressed with your QB play than #6 running ability. 

My crew had some bad news before the game that put a damper on our night, losing a family member puts football on the back burner for the night. 

Ill add I’m mighty proud of #70 for SP, you definitely played with the same intensity from start to finish. 13-1, nothing to hold your head down about. Couldn’t be more proud of him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

It wasn't me... Everyone has some idiots in the crowd or on here. 

There are morons everywhere in the world. What I saw tonight was 2 good teams that were equal. Anyone who has watched us play all year knows our front 7 on defense has been solid all year but our secondary has been very suspect. It got exposed tonight. The better team won. Again, congrats to GB on a gold ball!

1 minute ago, powerp said:

There are morons everywhere in the world. What I saw tonight was 2 good teams that were equal. Anyone who has watched us play all year knows our front 7 on defense has been solid all year but our secondary has been very suspect. It got exposed tonight. The better team won. Again, congrats to GB on a gold ball!

They have some great athletes don't they? It was impressive to watch. 

56 minutes ago, cherokee007 said:

Drumroll please....let the butt hurt comments begin. #9 had good size but he did not run all over us. He didn't have one break away run. SP has a good team, but throwing shade, complaining, and making excuses is just making it worse. We had a better QB, better receivers, better running backs, and better at special teams.  And I honesty think GB's D is just as good as SP's. Talk about how classless we are, but that's pretty much like calling the kettle black. Congrats to SP on a great season!

As for my Greenback Cherokees....we going back to the 'ship!  Woohoo!

I agree with everything you said except I think Raulston had his way all night. I would have fed him more. Gilbert vs Raulston part 3 next year...

For the record, I thought the SP players left it all on the field. Great team, great attitudes, just a classy team. I was very embarrassed when our coaching staff was throwing the ball at the end of the game.  

I didnt mean anything negative about SP's #9, I just didn't think he was getting more than a few yards on most of his touches. GB's #6 runs up the middle, left, and right. A little more lateral movement.  

My hats off to both teams!  Great game!

Edited by cherokee007

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, we will need to set this one out again. 62-12 the only two times our teams have ever met. Enjoy your trip to Cookeville. I was actually in awe of you guys awesome story, but you make it difficult to pull for you. 

Agree Ambassador, its difficult to pull for SP! I was pulling for Greenback tonight and will be pulling for them to bring home the golden ball next week.

sp  don't give any respectrum so I don't give any respect. Proud Vic got beat

1 minute ago, Throck said:

Agree Ambassador, its difficult to pull for SP! I was pulling for Greenback tonight and will be pulling for them to bring home the golden ball next week.

sp  don't give any respectrum so I don't give any respect. Proud Vic got beat

Bass was not throwing that comment at Greenback. He was talking to one of our new posters. 

Tough loss for the Pirates tonight.  They had their chances to pull this one out but just could not capitalize when needed.  Raulston should have been fed the ball more in the second half.  

I had flashbacks from the 1986 state game tonight with the receiver coming off the sidelines.  I thought the Pirates were playing Spring Hill...but it was Greenback and the refs.  Trick plays galore...guess that happens when 6 was shutdown.

Greenback has a talented team but after the display from fans and their coach's decision to throw for the end zone with 30 seconds to go I have no respect for their program.  I will be pulling for the Pirates and anyone that plays Greenback.

Just remember...Coach Grider never forgets.  Greenback will reap what they sow next year.