Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

2 hours ago, ladykee said:

Huntingdon must have had a really bad game. Not sleeping on Cornersville but they do not look like what we have become accustomed to seeing from the west.

Dont let the west fool you. Of course there are no Union City, NCS and Dresden type but Cornersville is better than people think. Film doesn't do them any justice. Lota heart and disciplined.  They are well coached. They tackle really well. I was pround of my young LC team tonight and LC will be something to be dealt with for the next few years. I do believe Greenback will win the game but closer than the so called experts. Good luck to both schools.

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Game is for 4 qtrs, BUT Coach calling this was classless & you not acknowledging proves your classlessness & obviously you are a liar too. Congrats on the W

HAHA...game is for 4 qtrs,,,really...thanks for that tidbit of information and I'm guessing it's played on a football field also.  Was the game over?...NO.  So what's the difference if it had been a 40 yd run instead of possible 40 yd bomb with :30 left?...Nothing it's still 40 yds.  And I would bet the few whining wouldn't be if it were a 40 yd run.

5 hours ago, UncleDave said:

Tough loss for the Pirates tonight.  They had their chances to pull this one out but just could not capitalize when needed.  Raulston should have been fed the ball more in the second half.  

I had flashbacks from the 1986 state game tonight with the receiver coming off the sidelines.  I thought the Pirates were playing Spring Hill...but it was Greenback and the refs.  Trick plays galore...guess that happens when 6 was shutdown.

Greenback has a talented team but after the display from fans and their coach's decision to throw for the end zone with 30 seconds to go I have no respect for their program.  I will be pulling for the Pirates and anyone that plays Greenback.

Just remember...Coach Grider never forgets.  Greenback will reap what they sow next year.

He DID NOT COME OFF THE SIDELINES!!He was talking to the coach ON THE FIELD the ref was watching him the whole time.He got back inside the numbers and set BEFORE snap.Hard to see from your side.

5 hours ago, cherokean said:

A few people complaining about the facilities and the deep ball with :30 left...haha.  Found something else to complain about.

The facilities and the trucks are basically the same as it was in 2011(the last time SP visited) with the exception of the field house and the old school being gone.  

Did we score on the deep ball?...No...An if we did who cares...boohoo.  SP has done the same to us before back in the mid 90s on a couple occasions...especially in '98, y'all are up 49-30 after three and leave Moore in to run wild in the 4th to score 28 pts more...making it a 77-30 final.

See y'all next year at the SPEEDWAY... 

Lol, last comment for me until next year but that’s a negative I was on that team and was in the game while we were taking a knee. I’m sorry to say but our whole team ran wild on you. Eddie Moore was no where close to all that team had. There is a big difference in running it between the tackles with the lead and chunking it up with 30 seconds left. You guys will win next week though and end that 30 year drought. We will be back like we always are. Just don’t complain when payback comes because it is coming over these next few years.

Edited by TonyHorton91281

Congrats to the Kees on the win and congrats to SP for an outstanding season.  I thought the teams were pretty equal but the GB QB was the difference, #3 and #23 are very impressive young players for GB. Hated to see #22 go down for SP, but #9 was a stud and I thought they didn't ride that horse enough in the second half.  GB definitely missed #52 on both sides of the ball as I felt SP controlled both sides of the LOS.  Hope the third time is the charm and GB can win the Gold ball next week.  I will make the trip to SP next year to watch these two teams go at it again in the fourth round.

18 minutes ago, jake said:

Congrats to the Kees on the win and congrats to SP for an outstanding season.  I thought the teams were pretty equal but the GB QB was the difference, #3 and #23 are very impressive young players for GB. Hated to see #22 go down for SP, but #9 was a stud and I thought they didn't ride that horse enough in the second half.  GB definitely missed #52 on both sides of the ball as I felt SP controlled both sides of the LOS.  Hope the third time is the charm and GB can win the Gold ball next week.  I will make the trip to SP next year to watch these two teams go at it again in the fourth round.

Good post, Old Pirate says GB passing attack was their saving grace. QB made plays and receivers made clutch catches. These two programs will again be an annual matchup. Hated to see #22-Sawyer Kelly end his career on crutches. Sawyer - team leader on offense & defense would have been the difference maker for the Pirates. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

8 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Good post, Old Pirate says GB passing attack was their saving grace. QB made plays and receivers made clutch catches. These two programs will again be an annual matchup. Hated to see #22-Sawyer Kelly end his career on crutches. Sawyer - team leader on offense & defense would have been the difference maker for the Pirates. 

Old pirate my respect goes to number 22 I love to see a kid give it all he's got even when he's hurt he still feels the need to be out there leading his team shows heart dedication and that young man will be something the rest of his life because of that I promise you I've got one the same way and he has done exactly what I expected after high school and during High School those kids don't come along often and you need to praise him every time was great to see the South pit fans cheering his name is it come off the field touching moment kid was a stud sorry for the bad punctuation but I'm talking into my phone good luck guys sure was a pleasure playing you

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

He DID NOT COME OFF THE SIDELINES!!He was talking to the coach ON THE FIELD the ref was watching him the whole time.He got back inside the numbers and set BEFORE snap.Hard to see from your side.

Just keep saying that if it makes you feel better.  Point is Greenback is a good team that does not have to cheat to win...or throw bombs to the end zone with 30 seconds to go.  I guess that is why the drone was not allowed...no evidence of a crooked play.

2 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

Just keep saying that if it makes you feel better.  Point is Greenback is a good team that does not have to cheat to win...or throw bombs to the end zone with 30 seconds to go.  I guess that is why the drone was not allowed...no evidence of a crooked play.

I don't agree with throwing it at the end I agree with you on that but to say that we cheated with 23 talking to the head coach trying to get a play figured out just get over it it's over with it's done most of you guys are cool dudes you're a ding dong