OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

9 hours ago, catswild said:

Who cares about all of this boring stuff...surveillance, grants, track, etc...??? LET'S TALK SOME Oak Ridge FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Who will start on the O Line? How are the QBs looking? Who will punt and kick? Who will replace the 300 pound NG? Will there be a workhorse in the backfield or will they spread the ball around? Can our QB throw well enough to force defenses to defend the pass or will they just load the box and dare us to throw? Will the young O Line get annihilated early in the season because of scheduling mismanagement?

O-Line:  I would expect Galloway, Stewart, Hensley, Johnson and Boone.  Trying out lots of punters and kickers; still a work in progress.  We have 3 workhorses so far, Romano, Jackson and Rowe.  Graham is playing as a slot back.  I think the line will be fine once we get past DB.  As far as schedule goes, it is a good one.  The way the district is structured, everybody is playing their district games at the end of the season.  We have good records against our out-of-district opponents; it's not like we are playing Maryville, Ensworth and MBA.  And...we sign contracts every 2 years. 

As far as the scrimmage goes, lots of guys will play tomorrow night.  I expect a lot of speed to be shown on both sides of the ball.  I also expect a little bit of a slow start since we have so many new guys in key positions.

21-0 Oak Ridge.  We had a slow start but moved the ball well after that.  A lot of guys played, we even started our 2nd string O-line.  The defense looked good.  I don't think Heritage had any positive yards on offense.  I though Booker looked a little nervous at first, but settled down.  Gibbons led a good drive for a score.  Overall, positive scrimmage.  Still much work to do on the line.  Our young guys need to grow up fast. Good luck to Heritage on their season.

On Last Chance U Season three (Indy), there is a player in one of the meeting wearing and Oak Ridge hoodie. I didn’t see any OR players mentioned in the Article about all the Tennesseans at Indy. Does anyone recognize this player. It was in the last episode. He was eating a brownie with sprinkles on it and he was picking off the sprinkles and tossing them at a teammate. Just wondering 

RRRR (Roll Red Rebels Roll)

10 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

On Last Chance U Season three (Indy), there is a player in one of the meeting wearing and Oak Ridge hoodie. I didn’t see any OR players mentioned in the Article about all the Tennesseans at Indy. Does anyone recognize this player. It was in the last episode. He was eating a brownie with sprinkles on it and he was picking off the sprinkles and tossing them at a teammate. Just wondering 

There are about a dozen Oak Ridge High Schools around the country, including several in the midwest.  

22 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Was the hoodie Cardinal and Grey?

53 minutes ago, HTV said:

There are about a dozen Oak Ridge High Schools around the country, including several in the midwest.  

I am aware of this. It was a cardinal hoodie with the Oak Ridge, TN logo. It could just be he traded it to a buddy or something like that. 

14wbplt.jpg

Edited by Red Rebels

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

I read a article that said Booker will be the QB and also play DB. He won't come off the field except for special teams. Gaddis implied it was not what he wants to do but feels he has t do. With all the skilled runners we have, I do not think the passing game will be our first weapon of choice. But I don't think they are just going to let Kai 'Reese Pendergrass go unused either. I am looking for Jordan to have a great season that fulfills the potential he showed as a freshmen. 

That is all of my thinking...just a lot of generalities, no solid information :-(

According to 92 Dragon all three TDs by Oak Ridge last night were by passing. I know Booker threw a TD pass to Jeremy Mitchell and I THINK Gibbons had a TD pass.

I'm sure SI can correct me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

It wasn’t Darel. I saw the picture. Darel would make 3 of this kid 

Then it has to be Tee Higgins. The guy is so good he can play at both Clemson and Indy in the same year.

Look out Oak Ridge, Tee is going to make our city famous this season. He has put on 23 lbs. since going to Tiger Town, grew a third hand and added four inches in height. They can't time his speed in the 40 because he has already crossed the finish line before they can even start the stop watch. Ok, much of that is fantasy except for the work in the weight room and added weight. He will now be able to go up for jump balls and not get bumped around like he was in the Bama game last season. If you remember, Tee also got hurt on the play and sat the rest of the game out.