#1 Greeneville vs Springfield 4a Championship!!!

DevilMan03

36 minutes ago, BobcatCoach said:

Haywood is/was the best 4A team in the state. If Springfield plays Greeneville the way they did Haywood. Springfield fans will be the ones laughing after this game. Just my opinion! I think it's laughable that Greeneville fans on here think it's going to be a blowout.

Which GreenE fan or Fans are you referring to?   Haywood must have not been the best "4A" team because their season ended Friday 11-24.   The 2 best teams are left.

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, barb said:

Somebody notify the AP...need to go back and watch film if the team that lost in the semis... They were actually the best team in 4A. 

I wouldn’t rely on the AP for anything. They had Greenbrier still ranked in the top ten and Springfield wasn’t even mentioned EVEN after Springfield beat Greenbrier. Those polls have no clue. 

46 minutes ago, BobcatCoach said:

Haywood is/was the best 4A team in the state. If Springfield plays Greeneville the way they did Haywood. Springfield fans will be the ones laughing after this game. Just my opinion! I think it's laughable that Greeneville fans on here think it's going to be a blowout.

Your just talking about  a very few fans,maybe 3 or 4 Greeneville fans on coacht having fun.There are a whole lot of Devil fans that understand any team can be beat and it could have happened more then once this year .Like I told BVD today,as long as the Devil players don't read this chit and think they just have to show up.That's when games like AC,DB and Elizabethton bite you and you have to dig a little deeper. I hope the players understand that a little better after those  games.If you don't play like our great staff coaches and make mistakes it will be a long ride home.Talking like a card player here now.don't get me wrong ,two pair is nice {silver and gold} and I'm very happy the Devils are playing in their 4th championship.Myself,I'd rather have three of a kind "gold that is" .The Devils have the talent and the staff to get it done, but I won't be talking trash before or after the game because both of these teams have done something a very small percent in the state could do this year or ever do at many schools.That's something worth my respect.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Your just talking about  a very few fans,maybe 3 or 4 Greeneville fans on coacht having fun.There are a whole lot of Devil fans that understand any team can be beat and it could have happened more then once this year .Like I told BVD today,as long as the Devil players don't read this chit and think they just have to show up.That's when games like AC,DB and Elizabethton bite you and you have to dig a little deeper. I hope the players understand that a little better after those  games.If you don't play like our great staff coaches and make mistakes it will be a long ride home.Talking like a card player here now.don't get me wrong ,two pair is nice {silver and gold} and I'm very happy the Devils are playing in their 4th championship.Myself,I'd rather have three of a kind "gold that is" .The Devils have the talent and the staff to get it done, but I won't be talking trash before or after the game because both of these teams have done something a very small percent in the state could do this year or ever do at many schools.That's something worth my respect.

Thank you, I have nothing but respect for this Greeneville team and appreciate a little in return.....

I really don't understand the comment that Haywood is the best team in 4A this year- based on what?  Ok, you lose 2 games during the regular season, you MIGHT be able to argue those losses were to bigger schools, etc.  But you certainly lose the "best team in 4A" argument when you lost to Springfield on Friday night.  Just because a team has the most talent doesn't make it the "best" team.  The best teams show up in the biggest games of the year.  Get out of here with that garbage.  

I see folk talking about the class 4A coacht ranking, which they use several formulas, with GreeNVille #1, very deserving with the undefeated record to this point.  So I got to wandering who they had #2. Crockett Co was until Haywood thumped them 49-21 in qt final. Haywood also beat them in the season 63-35. Crockett Co only other lose was to 3A final opponent Covington 35-30. 

Anyways, Haywood avg pt score in every football game this year was 41 pts per game ( 50 pts in playoff). Springfield defense held them to 28. Haywood had several athletes with tons of speed and they were shell shocked at the speed of the Yellow Jacket swarm.

GreeNVilles avg per. game has been 46 pts per game (47 pts in playoff) Im not predicting either way but it will be interesting to see if the Yellow Jacket swarm will keep it up. Whatever speed these lil devils have....Springfield has seen it before. 

Blast away you  gweenville lil devils :)

Edited by brian2000

11 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

I see folk talking about the class 4A coacht ranking, which they use several formulas, with GreeNVille #1, very deserving with the undefeated record to this point.  So I got to wandering who they had #2. Crockett Co was until Haywood thumped them 49-21 in qt final. Haywood also beat them in the season 63-35. Crockett Co only other lose was to 3A final opponent Covington 35-30. 

Anyways, Haywood avg pt score in every football game this year was 41 pts per game ( 50 pts in playoff). Springfield defense held them to 28. Haywood had several athletes with tons of speed and they were shell shocked at the speed of the Yellow Jacket swarm.

GreeNVilles avg per. game has been 46 pts per game (47 pts in playoff) Im not predicting either way but it will be interesting to see if the Yellow Jacket swarm will keep it up. Whatever speed these lil devils have....Springfield has seen it before. 

Blast away you  gweenville lil devils :)

Oh you talking about Gallatin, White House, and Beech?

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Thank You, Springfield respects Greeneville and appreciates the returned gesture.  We aren't that bad of a team or we wouldn't have made it this far. We are use to the disrespect though. We have been disrespected all year