Cain Ridge vs. Mairvul

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, hollowman said:

There's a lot to be said in that statement....being that WH had a hard time matching up with CR in certain positions when it came to speed.  Maryville's kids, will more often than not, be in position to make plays because they are disciplined, but will speed make the difference?  I'm looking forward to a great game.  I have no allegiance to either team, but what I appreciate is that one team is loaded with football talent in terms of athleticism, and the other team is loaded with kids that just get the job done.  The Thoroughbred vs the Draft Horse.

Which is which. 

3 hours ago, Ozone03 said:

It was well-timed and well-executed. If I remember correctly, Maryville tried the exact same play earlier in the game and Oakland had it covered. It looked as though it definitely wasn't expected the 2nd time, Hopkins was all alone near the sideline. One of the best high school games I've seen in a long time, it's a shame one team had to lose!

Two different plays.  Both had jet sweeps.   Both involved throwbacks but by  different position players.  You are correct that the first one was covered by Oakland, but AJ still ran it for a first down.

Edited by OldRebel2

36 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

Two different plays.  Both had jet sweeps.   Both involved throwbacks but by  different position players.  You are correct that the first one was covered by Oakland, but AJ still ran it for a first down.

So not exactly the same but similar at least. Regardless, big time call at a critical point in the game. Seemed to completely change the momentum after Oakland had just scored to go up by 7 about a minute earlier.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:48 PM, AllRegion said:

Very disappointed in the selection of Mr. Football in 6A this year. 

Some of us are very happy that Savion Davis was named Mr. Football this year!  Young man worked VERY hard to earn it on a team that was NOT suppose to do as well as it did this year. 

His performance against Mt Juliet alone was worth it to me.   LOL

Savion, Thank You for all your hard work this season.  It's nice to see a R'dale player getting it again.

19 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Thats exactly what happened. Its been going on for more than a decade. Maryville players are often left off of allstate teams etc.

Don't care. To say these awards and the polls are inexact science is putting it very mildly, especially at the high school level. It's a team sport and championships are what matters.

Mr. Davis, and I saw him play once this season which is probably more times then some that voted for him, had a fine season. Congratulations.

Sorry to go off topic. GO REBELS!

Edited by plumb69
added narrative

Only 14 pages on the championship game thread and it's four days away. Guess I need to liven things up with a William Blount Joke.

Shad goes into a fishing store to buy a rod and reel. He doesn’t know which one to get so he just grabs one and goes over to the register. There is an associate standing there with dark shades on.

He says, “Excuse me sir, can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?”

He says, “Sir I’m blind but if you will drop it on the counter I can tell you everything you need to know about it from the sound that it makes.”

Shad didn’t believe him, but dropped it on the counter anyway.

He said, “That’s a 6′ graphite rod with a Zebco 202 reel and 10 lb. test line. It’s a good all around rod and reel and it’s $20.00”.

Shad says, “That’s amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I think it’s what I’m looking for so I’ll take it.”

He walks behind the counter to the register, and in the meantime Shad lets a fart. At first he is embarrassed but then realizes that there is no way he could tell it was him being blind he wouldn’t know that he was the only person around.

He rings up the sale and says, “That will be $25.50.”

Shad says, “But didn’t you say it was $20.00?”

He says, “Yes Sir, the rod and reel is $20.00, the duck call is $3.00, and the stink bait is $2.50.”

7 hours ago, kwc said:

What I meant by my comment wasn't that they tore us to pieces ... quite the contrary, as you so elequently noted above, but that they were really quick and fast, and the QB got the ball to them in a flash, which gave them time to look upfield and try make a move or two. However, the Whitehaven DBs did what they always do, which is to close the gap in the blink of an eye, and make an open field takle. We did that all night with supreme precision. I think our DBs are the best in high school in Tennessee as a corp. But, the CR offense put pressure on us, in that manner. That's what I meant anyway. That was two of the best defenses in the state going after each other.

If the Whitehaven guys thought Cane Ridge was " Quick and Fast " then Maryville better be prepared for a War very similar to what Oakland was . The Whitehaven teams we've always seen have been super fast ... Oakland's Speed caused Maryville all kinds of Trouble ... I agree with Starz and others , Maryville better come prepared and committed . SPEED KILLS . 

5 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Some of us are very happy that Savion Davis was named Mr. Football this year!  Young man worked VERY hard to earn it on a team that was NOT suppose to do as well as it did this year. 

His performance against Mt Juliet alone was worth it to me.   LOL

Savion, Thank You for all your hard work this season.  It's nice to see a R'dale player getting it again.

Congrats to that young man.

2 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Hit weal bee ennurustin' two sea if'un Mairvul cain keap hit clost.....Beecaws imo tha winnur ov tha Okelund-Mairvul semmys inn tha laist 3 yeers, ant xactlee set tha woods on farr inn tha finulls......:unsure:

Yessir, you never know. A 2000 yd rusher generally means somebody is a stud.