2018 Class 2A

BoardHater71

On 12/2/2017 at 7:20 AM, TheAmbassador said:

You are correct. I had maintained most of the season that the east in 1A would be closer than it has been this season. I was banking on it being 2018 before a gold ball came back east, but when Huntingdon went down I figured the east had a good chance this year. The Knoxville area this year obviously has a ton of talent. I say up here last night and watched that youngun from Maryville just completely disect this Cane Ridge team. That kid is 28 years old and lead them to a title. I'm up again, but Roy is still snoring this morning. He closed that karaoke bar down again last night at the hotel. I don't see how he does it. 

Nothing against Greenback they won the title but the best 1A team was Huntingdon.  They got upset. It happens.  2A in the west Peabody should be the favorite but never count out Union City as long as Bowling is there.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Nothing against Greenback they won the title but the best 1A team was Huntingdon.  They got upset. It happens.  2A in the west Peabody should be the favorite but never count out Union City as long as Bowling is there.

Huntingdung was probably the most talented team but they are severely limited by their coaching and style of play.  Greenback had the total package. Good talent, good coaching and a balanced offense that could mix it up and not allow opposing defenses to key in on one aspect of the offense. That's why they won and Huntingdung didn't. 

7 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I disagree, I seen huntingdon play cornersville and they did not like getting hit. They relied on their speed and we have more overall speed than they did and I will go out on a limb and say they haven't played a team that would have hit them the way that GHS would have. 

2 hours ago, Gbnation said:

I disagree, I seen huntingdon play cornersville and they did not like getting hit. They relied on their speed and we have more overall speed than they did and I will go out on a limb and say they haven't played a team that would have hit them the way that GHS would have. 

Greenback was the best no doubt in my mind!Cornersville didnt get our best,that game against Pitt was so much more physical.The way we played Pitt GB would have had a running clock easy in Cookeville.That game was a war. The three best teams I saw play this year besides the GB was South Pittsburg number 2 and Coalfiled number 3. Either one of those three would have brought home the gold this year.

Edited by orngnblk

15 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback was the best no doubt in my mind!Cornersville didnt get our best,that game against Pitt was so much more physical.The way we played Pitt GB would have had a running clock easy in Cookeville.That game was a war. The three best teams I saw play this year besides the GB was South Pittsburg number 2 and Coalfiled number 3. Either one of those three would have brought home the gold this year.

Good analysis! May the force be with you young Jedi. 

21 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I agree!

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, TheAmbassador said:

You are correct. I had maintained most of the season that the east in 1A would be closer than it has been this season. I was banking on it being 2018 before a gold ball came back east, but when Huntingdon went down I figured the east had a good chance this year. The Knoxville area this year obviously has a ton of talent. I say up here last night and watched that youngun from Maryville just completely disect this Cane Ridge team. That kid is 28 years old and lead them to a title. I'm up again, but Roy is still snoring this morning. He closed that karaoke bar down again last night at the hotel. I don't see how he does it. 

You had it figured out bass...Huntingdon just blew their shot. They were the class of 1A, but as usual lost to someone that they shouldn't have. After them, I had stated many times that I thought the next 4 (at least) were from the east. Not trying to 'dis anyone with that, especially Cornersville, but the Mustangs should be polishing that ball. 

12 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You had it figured out bass...Huntingdon just blew their shot. They were the class of 1A, but as usual lost to someone that they shouldn't have. After them, I had stated many times that I thought the next 4 (at least) were from the east. Not trying to 'dis anyone with that, especially Cornersville, but the Mustangs should be polishing that ball. 

I have to disagree with you I think it comes down to four things.Players first,players Will to win second,coaching, and then a little luck. I watched Huntington films this year because I thought the same thing but after watching them they weren't physical enough to win the whole thing against a team like South Pittsburg or Greenback.They might have been able to handle Coalfield  (big might) but South Pittsburg and Greenback would have won regardless their coaching is much better and much more physical and the kids are just resilient.This is my opinion after watching ALOT of teams.THE CLASS OF 1A WEARS ORANGE AND BLACK!

All said out of much respect trader,i like your posts!

Edited by orngnblk

Just now, orngnblk said:

I have to disagree with you I think it comes down to four things.Players first,players Will to win second,coaching, and then a little luck. I watched Huntington films this year because I thought the same thing but after watching them they weren't physical enough to win the whole thing against a team like South Pittsburg or Greenback.They might have been able to handle Coalfield  (big might) but South Pittsburg and Greenback would have won regardless their coaching is much better and much more physical and the kids are just resilient.This is my opinion after watching ALOT of teams.THE CLASS OF 1A WEARS ORANGE AND BLACK!

Not taking away from the fact that you won convincingly over the team that beat them, or your dominance for the last couple (and beyond) of years...Huntingdon's skill and speed made some really good 3A and 4A teams look bad until they drew into their shell for the playoffs. Usually they have a built in excuse like injury to a key player, or another great team (WC) had a big night, but not this year. I haven't a leg to stand on...y'all won easy over the team that beat the Mustangs, but I'm still thinking that a week 7 or 8 game with no pressure goes to H'ton.

42 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Not taking away from the fact that you won convincingly over the team that beat them, or your dominance for the last couple (and beyond) of years...Huntingdon's skill and speed made some really good 3A and 4A teams look bad until they drew into their shell for the playoffs. Usually they have a built in excuse like injury to a key player, or another great team (WC) had a big night, but not this year. I haven't a leg to stand on...y'all won easy over the team that beat the Mustangs, but I'm still thinking that a week 7 or 8 game with no pressure goes to H'ton.

Understand!

Forrest will be a year older, tougher and more physical on D, with a typical pound it running game and a not so typical QB who will have the best arm Forrest has had in at least a decade. 

I am not delusional, but I do think Forrest can win their region and be the finalist from the R5/R6 Quad, which would get them to Quarters. No one expects to beat AVille/Waverly/Peabody/UC, but anything can happen at that point. 

Gun to my head, I'd say best case would be Quarterfinals. These guys have more to fix discipline wise than X/O wise. Some young hotheads need to keep their heads in the game and Coach is who all that flows from.   I think he will get it done.   

• 1 month later...

Little late to the party in responding a month after the last post on this topic, but Eagleville graduates 7 starters from 2017 if I counted right, most of whom played both sides of the ball. Assuming all juniors come back, roughly half the team for 2018 will be seniors. No reason to think we can't win 7-8-9 games and make a playoff run.