Class AA State Tournament Thread

ballinup90

Let's not crown Upperman just yet. They will have a VERY tough time against East. 2016 state champs vs. 2017 champs. 2016 State MVP Kia Upton vs. 2017 MVP Akira Levy. Let's put it this way.

• 4:30 game
  • Upton WILL match up with Levy & limit what she does.
  • This will be the first time this season Levy/Upperman will play a more athletic team
  • Both teams are young and lack Glass House experience!   

Upperman MIGHT win, but Levy and Hurst will have to come to play.

Edited by ballinup90

29 minutes ago, ballinup90 said:

Let's not crown Upperman just yet. They will have a VERY tough time against East. 2016 state champs vs. 2017 champs. 2016 State MVP Kia Upton vs. 2017 MVP Akira Levy. Let's put it this way.

• 4:30 game
  • Upton WILL match up with Levy & limit what she does.
  • This will be the first time this season Levy/Upperman will play a more athletic team
  • Both teams are young and lack Glass House experience!   

Upperman MIGHT win, but Levy and Hurst will have to come to play.

They didn’t have too much trouble against East this summer. 

5 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

East didn't have any trouble with Upperman two years ago. Can't really compare something from the past to right now. I think most will pick Upperman and deservingly so. If EN can stay out of foul trouble and make their free throws it will be a game.

Upperman beat east by 20 or so last state tournament.  When they played them in June Upton was not 100%.  I know it will be a different game.  I still pick Upperman. 

23 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

Don’t count out MC just yet. Young team that has a lot of speed and can break the press very well. If Carter and Gregory  both score 15+, MC is very hard to beat. Along with other great scores. Don’t be surprised to see MC win

I have not seen Macon County play, but will be going to the games on Thursday. What numbers are the two players you referenced in your post?

16 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview played without their senior leader point guard for three quarters who went out with a knee injury in same knee she tore and missed her junior year with. She is the heart of the team but the others stepped up big and they pulled it out. Hopefully she will be okay but it didn’t look promising

Hate to hear that. Prayers sent!!!