Graham Clark Resigns!

35 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I have heard that two assistants will be leaving at years end. Not sure if true. If Christian does his own thing there's a chance he could bring DB back. Offense has never been a problem with the exception of a handful of games in the past 10 years.  Defense has been terrible since Watson left us. If Christian fixes the Defense then he will be successful. What you said about Clark still being in the mix is just plain weird. What a mess that would be.

A lot of thoughts from a lot of people for sure.

3 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Sheewwwww that Game 1 could get messy quick!!!   :popcorneater:

Your a lot more confident 03 then myself.The Devils didn't lose a lot of starters but a couple will sure be missed a bunch.If we had the sure numbers to pick from that the Indians do,I'd be a lot more confident with our strength program and staff at Greeneville.There are always a bunch of big ole boys for the line at DB and they will have some very good skill players back as well.Very very fortunate to win last years game in Greeneville.Any Devil fan that doesn't think so,might want to look back at that one.

• Upvote 1

On April 24, 2018 at 1:56 PM, blazer1set said:

There are just way too many unknowns at this point, however I could see the first 5 games going very badly.   The last 5 are all winnable.    Actually let's revise that...   Sevier Co should be an easy win, nothing against them but they just are nowhere near what they once were.   Probably has something to do with the new HS taking student athletes.    OR is  a tossup, but Greeneville/SH/Alcoa are going to be losses.   If you could get out of the first 5 games at 2-3 I see a good chance to end up 6-4, or maybe even 7-3 if all the planets align.    Either one of those is not bad for a 1st year coach.

Aug. 17 Greeneville
 Aug. 24 at Oak Ridge
 Aug. 31 at Science Hill
 Sep. 7 Sevier County
 Sep. 21 at Alcoa
 Sep. 28 Bearden
 Oct. 5 at Farragut
 Oct. 12 Hardin Valley
 Oct. 19 at Morristown West
 Oct. 26 Jefferson County

It's strange Last year everyone said the same thing about DB... 

23 hours ago, HTV said:

HTV, Thank You.

I am sure he is a good Coach, but I would NOT like to settle for what Coach Clark settled for this last 10-15 years.  I would want BETTER!  Like maybe a Gold Ball or at the least a Silver one.

Good Luck DB.

2 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

HTV, Thank You.

I am sure he is a good Coach, but I would NOT like to settle for what Coach Clark settled for this last 10-15 years.  I would want BETTER!  Like maybe a Gold Ball or at the least a Silver one.

Good Luck DB.

Gold Balls !! Old Dad,this is NET.Long as folks think a conference championship or atleast finishing in the the top two or three in conference is an awesome year,most schools won't have to worry about that in this part of the state.Think I'm making fun.Just add up the state football championships since the state went to a playoff in the sixties for NET.That last might have been over the top,but there is very little pressure to win it all at most schools in NET.No doubt many of us on coacht are not like most fans and think an average season is just average and not good enough.

Edited by BatmanDevil

12 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Gold Balls !! Old Dad,this is NET.Long as folks think a conference championship or atleast finishing in the the top two or three in conference is an awesome year,most schools won't have to worry about that in this part of the state.Think I'm making fun.Just add up the state football championships since the state went to a playoff in the sixties for NET.That last might have been over the top,but there is very little pressure to win it all at most schools in NET.No doubt many of us on coacht are not like most fans and think an average season is just average and not good enough.

Maybe that's why they name the "Conference" in the NET. It just means more if it has a name. I believe it's the only part of the state that still does this. 

16 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Maybe that's why they name the "Conference" in the NET. It just means more if it has a name. I believe it's the only part of the state that still does this. 

That's possible I guess.The bottom line with a playoff system should be to make it into the playoffs no matter what your record and be as prepared as possible to try and win 5 more games.Don't get me wrong,it's good to be the top dog in an area but when there have been what ,two or three hundred teams over the last 50 years win state titles on the field and NET has a grand total of 6 of those .Then there is a problem.Thank goodness the Devils have won their 3 or it would have been since Tennessee High in 71-72 got theirs.Just a different mindset then for other areas.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, sheppy said:

wackoffjaof,

Sure thought you were going to get that job at DB with all of the great knowledge you spew out.  Good luck to Coach Christian.  Great to see an OL Coach get the job since that position and def backs are the 2 most important on the field.  

wackoffjaof - go back to working on cars. 

Nothing in this post is correct.  This post is 100% incorrect.