Tiger4life88

5 minutes ago, Gunner0331 said:

Here is my list of the top teams in 2A:

1.????? high school

2.????? high

3.????? high school

4.????? high

5.????? high school

Those predictions are not wrong. There is no way to predict who the top teams are until games start playing for the season. You can always hope though.

I always say no pole till game 5!

7 minutes ago, Gunner0331 said:

Here is my list of the top teams in 2A:

1.????? high school

2.????? high

3.????? high school

4.????? high

5.????? high school

Those predictions are not wrong. There is no way to predict who the top teams are until games start playing for the season. You can always hope though.

I beg to differ...Murphy Fair has been kinda' lucky recently..in 2016 he got 2 of his top 5 right for Cookeville and last year he got 1 of 5 right!!

21 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I agree you can't tell a whole lot about scrimmages but you can see talent and Waverly is very talented offensively. I wasn't nearly as impressed with their defense. I think Waverly is my favorite in 2A but I'm not sure they can beat my Mustangs. We're undefeated on thr Majic Carpet and don't plan on that changing anytime soon!

It sure would be nice to be the first to hand you guys your first loss on that brand new field Croppy, but i know thats a tall task. Ya'll had a lethal running attack last year for sure. How many starters did ya'll lose to graduation other than the QB?

7 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Union city lost their whole team due to graduation. I’m not saying they won’t be good.  We have 4 running backs if you include the quarterback. Two of them are 6 feet and over 200lbs. If waverlys line play is better on offense they may be the ones to beat but their  offensive line was small last year and their defense wasn’t that great.  Trenton’s secondary is composed of 2 to 3 years starters. 

Waverlys line was mostly sophmores last year and yes they have grown a lil so I'm expecting better of them this year. Our defense was regrouping from loosing 9 starters from the previous year so I'm definately expecting more from that group. I'm just glad we get to talk about football again in Waverly :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigers6056 said:

Waverlys line was mostly sophmores last year and yes they have grown a lil so I'm expecting better of them this year. Our defense was regrouping from loosing 9 starters from the previous year so I'm definately expecting more from that group. I'm just glad we get to talk about football again in Waverly :)

Me too I can’t wait to see how it all pans out 

1 hour ago, Tigers6056 said:

It sure would be nice to be the first to hand you guys your first loss on that brand new field Croppy, but i know thats a tall task. Ya'll had a lethal running attack last year for sure. How many starters did ya'll lose to graduation other than the QB?

We lost 6 or 7 that started or played a lot. Lost our QB and #1 RB plus a few linemen. Got a good bunch coming back. As far as I know our QB will be making his first start as a QB ever against Mckenzie. RB's are small but very quick with a couple pretty good receivers. Defense could be nasty. Great group of linebackers as Waverly should remember from last year. DB's rangy with some speed and will punish you. It will be a very physical game. Can't wait and pray nobody gets hurt.

8 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

We from the East have already conceded defeat. The West apparently has the top 50 best teams in 2A. the East will settle with the remaining post 50 rankings end of season. Whoever makes it from the East this year will already knowingly be ranked 51 end of season. Thanks for letting our kids be on the field with you at least once and take it easy on us after kickoff may as well put in JV to at least make it interesting. Its obvious we should seek the council of Bill Cosby so we can forget what happens to us during the game, you know all the shame, heartbreak, crying that a good whoopin ensues. We have already started forgoing practice and started practicing consoling each other. It's the only way to move forward at this point with the ability to see the future. I hope at the very least my Meigs County Tigers can be at least 55th. Thank you gentleman for your time. Good day.

For the record, this is a joke... 

I remember saying the same about the East teams when i came to the T! Hang in there it'll cycle back around im sure! 

1 hour ago, Redrage1990 said:

I remember saying the same about the East teams when i came to the T! Hang in there it'll cycle back around im sure! 

No you have not. You have had the Red Birds at the top since the inception of football. 

For the record just a joke!!! Just shaking the bushes boss!!! Hahahaha 

8 hours ago, Redrage1990 said:

Yeah was just poking fun. Just because I don't talk my team up doesn't mean they aren't gonna be a threat. But I'd prefer you all prepare like they are 55th /wink. In reality I can assure you Meigs will be a great team this year. Offensively i already think they are a little better, and that says alot considering they were great last year. Defensively we were also very good last year. I'm not sold defensively yet this year. We may be like the Waverly of 17 where our offense is overpowering to most teams but defensively just cant hang when it matters. That's not an attack Waverly folks just an assessment that I took from this board. But its early. our qb and rb are as good as they come and our offensive line is really good this year from what scrimmages have showed me.

• Upvote 1