Greeneville @ DB

40 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

It is quite obvious the Devils fans (for the most part) do not take the Tribe seriously.    However I would bet that the Devils players and coaches most certainly take every team seriously.    I guess we will see after the smoke clears around 10pm on Aug 17.    Greeneville is a well-oiled machine, DB counters with a brand new coach..... so who knows, the Tribe may fall flat on their face but I am still calling for a close game with a 1 point Tribe win.

You could say the same about the DB fans not taking Greene seriously!    Are you a DB fan?

• Upvote 1

Edit and I'll say this a different way.The  coaches and players on both sides should go into this game very confident and expect to win.However,If your a fan of either school and are willing to throw down big bucks on your team today.Then you have more money then you have common sense.I'm a Devil fan but I also can step back and look at both teams and know neither team is that much more gifted with talent overall.It's not like Maryville is coming up to play one of NET's smaller schools and can pick their margin of victory.

Edited by BatmanDevil

I haven't talked to a single DB fan here or off of here that is talkinh smack about this game. I think most of them have enough sense to let the talking happen on the field. DevilMan, my guess is you are giving the Indians players plenty of locker room material. And I doubt they need the extra motivation. 8-17 should be fun.

Edited by WBNC83

2 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

I haven't talked to a single DB fan here or off of here that is talkinh smack about this game. I think most of them have enough sense to let the talking happen on the field. DevilMan, my guess is you are giving the Indians players plenty of locker room material. And I doubt they need the extra motivation. 8-17 should be fun.

Locker room material or not they’re still going to have an L beside this game when their season ends. 

9 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Locker room material or not they’re still going to have an L beside this game when their season ends. 

There is already an " L " beside several of the Dobyns Bennett players names going into this game.That better be the only L's Greeneville is thinking about right now.The two very biggest are back again on an offensive line that took it to the Devils last year.Both these are around 6'4 or 6'5" and 300 pounds the last time I seen them and that's been a while.Atleast Two monster backs behind them that are capable of running over most high school players without a blocker in front.I'm however not concerned about locker room material because I know DB's new coach and he will want nothing better then to send the Devils home with a loss that will be talked about for the next fifty years.I'm talking an azz beating for the ages if his team can do it.

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

There is already an " L " beside several of the Dobyns Bennett players names going into this game.That better be the only L's Greeneville is thinking about right now.The two very biggest are back again on an offensive line that took it to the Devils last year.Both these are around 6'4 or 6'5" and 300 pounds the last time I seen them and that's been a while.Atleast Two monster backs behind them that are capable of running over most high school players without a blocker in front.I'm however not concerned about locker room material because I know DB's new coach and he will want nothing better then to send the Devils home with a loss that will be talked about for the next fifty years.I'm talking an azz beating for the ages if his team can do it.

That "L" beside the DB guys stands for Large....   as in Large and in Charge....    DB going to truck the Devils?    No way, this game is going down to the wire.    Yes, Greeneville certainly may win it, but I am still holding on to 24-23 Tribe all the way...

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

That "L" beside the DB guys stands for Large....   as in Large and in Charge....    DB going to truck the Devils?    No way, this game is going down to the wire.    Yes, Greeneville certainly may win it, but I am still holding on to 24-23 Tribe all the way...

So many things determine a football game.Last year without that turnover at the end of the half,it would have really been a challenge for the Devils in the 2nd half.I hope it's a great game and both teams walk away with no injuries and are better for playing each other.If that's the case,then both teams have won something going forward.

18 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I think he is a DB fan.Blazer,as in Daniel Boone. The sign over I-26 one year said  the " real DB "

Right, a Boone fan.    There are just so few Boone threads on here that I have to jump into other people's business....     Really wish I could skip our opening game and go to this one

31 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Right, a Boone fan.    There are just so few Boone threads on here that I have to jump into other people's business....     Really wish I could skip our opening game and go to this one

I wish all high school games were streamed and then put on a database we could all go and watch anytime for free.I don't have a clue if it is but this game should be on tv so that every local NET fan can watch it.For all the folks that are not able to get out on Friday nights,Either one of these things would be great.