Greeneville @ DB

12 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Devils:  I fully expect Greeneville to make it to Cookeville again in 4A, but there is no shame in losing to a huge 6A school that is nearly 3x your size.      It comes down to who is most focused and who wants it the most.

Greeneville was both of those things last year and I don’t see it being any different this year. On the way to 30-0 for last year and this year 

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

And when Greeneville wins big will the excuses still flow from the DB faithful? How soon until they want to fire the new guy??? :roflolk:

dont worry guys maybe Ballard and company will show you what a real gold ball looks like! You know one that was actually earned on the football field! 

When Ballard packs his bags and leaves Greeneville after this season do you think he'll take those "gold balls" with him or let you guys keep them in your trophy case?  All said and done, they do belong to him you know.

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

When Ballard packs his bags and leaves Greeneville after this season do you think he'll take those "gold balls" with him or let you guys keep them in your trophy case?  All said and done, they do belong to him you know.

I believe if and when Coach Ballard leaves Greeneville will be fine. Hiring will come within just like Ballard getting the job. Can’t wait for the devils to beat the tribe again!!!

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I am pretty sure coaches like Ballard put his football team before he does himself. That is why Greenville has a winning team. Coaches that only coach to bring glory to themselves do not produce winning football teams. For instance, Butch Jones....

• Upvote 1

Other than that bad pass interference call, I don't think the DB fans made any excuses for losing to Greeneville last year.    Greeneville was the better team.   And this year Greeneville is still probably the better team, I just think DB has a surprise in store for opening night.   It will be a slow-paced run it down your throat type of offense.    Defensively DB will have to  swarm to the ball carrier and not get beat deep.    Tribe 24-23 in a thriller

40 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Other than that bad pass interference call, I don't think the DB fans made any excuses for losing to Greeneville last year.    Greeneville was the better team.   And this year Greeneville is still probably the better team, I just think DB has a surprise in store for opening night.   It will be a slow-paced run it down your throat type of offense.    Defensively DB will have to  swarm to the ball carrier and not get beat deep.    Tribe 24-23 in a thriller

Thats what I think Greeneville will be ready for.  DB did that on their 2nd series after a long Pass on the First Series that went for a TD for the Tribe.  Greeneville Returns their starting interior 6 where DB lost some Great Senior  Lineman on that Offensive Line.  Don't think Greeneville will looked stunned like the did in the first quarter last year because they have gotten bigger, stronger, and faster than last year and have seen what DB had (I believe DB's Oline last year was better than this one is suppose to be).  The entire 2nd half Greeneville took control of the line of scrimmage and don't see that being any different this year just earlier on with what both teams have returning.

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Thats what I think Greeneville will be ready for.  DB did that on their 2nd series after a long Pass on the First Series that went for a TD for the Tribe.  Greeneville Returns their starting interior 6 where DB lost some Great Senior  Lineman on that Offensive Line.  Don't think Greeneville will looked stunned like the did in the first quarter last year because they have gotten bigger, stronger, and faster than last year and have seen what DB had (I believe DB's Oline last year was better than this one is suppose to be).  The entire 2nd half Greeneville took control of the line of scrimmage and don't see that being any different this year just earlier on with what both teams have returning.

Db will get tired in the second half 

Nothing about last years game was a surprise to me.I expected DB " years ago " to be a state contender in 6A last year but knew they had lost some great talent along the way and at the same time got some great talent from the underclass  to help make up those losses.I don't know if the better team won or not last year,but the only thing that matters is who has the most points when it's over.This is not your normal 4A team in Greeneville and Dobyns Bennett is loaded with great athletes walking the halls.So if DB wins by 35 or Greeneville has it's 9th graders in to finish off a huge win,I won't be surprised.I might be if either team doesn't give their all.I seen that during a scrimmage one year between the schools and I'm still mad about that Devil team not having more pride on that day.I don't expect either of these teams to not give 100% nomatter what the score....

11 hours ago, Gunner0331 said:

I am pretty sure coaches like Ballard put his football team before he does himself. That is why Greenville has a winning team. Coaches that only coach to bring glory to themselves do not produce winning football teams. For instance, Butch Jones....

So you're saying he'll leave the gold balls. Ok, got it.

7 hours ago, Swipes said:

You should move on from last years game. Has nothing to do with this year.