Greeneville @ DB

3 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Greeneville will be big, strong and fast but so will be DB. They always are. It'll come down to which defense plays better. I do think Greeneville probably wins but I also think it'll be a lot closer than many G-Devil fans seem to think.

It has been a special time for the last several years when it comes to Greeneville football.There were also some great athletes and teams years ago but  what we call 5A and 6A teams stood right in the Devils path and not nearly as many teams got to make the playoffs in the old systems.4A and a great coaching staff has been the perfect storm for the Devils.Yes it sometimes involves a little luck with what teams are down a little or a great finish like the AC game,but that's all part of it.In NET there are two huge schools ,DB and SH.I don't care if either of those teams are down or not,it's the greatest thing in the world for any other local team to beat one of these two during the regular season.That includes the Devils if your old enough to know just how few times that's been done over the decades.For Greeneville to come up to Kingsport and beat the Tribe ,it's not going to happen just because my school has little devils on their helmets or talk the talk on coacht.It will only happen if they come up here and unload a 50 gallon drum of whopazz and play a great hard hitting 4 quarters with some great plays and coaching along the way.I may be wrong without really looking it up because Greeneville hasn't played DB and SH during the same years very many times since way back in the big 5-6-7-8-9 conference days. last year may be the only time Greeneville beat both those teams in the same season,someone can correct on that but if it's happened before last year,I bet money you can count it on one or two fingers.So ,this Devil isn't talking a lot of trash because I know what they done last year was special for Devil football.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

It has been a special time for the last several years when it comes to Greeneville football.There were also some great athletes and teams years ago but  what we call 5A and 6A teams stood right in the Devils path and not nearly as many teams got to make the playoffs in the old systems.4A and a great coaching staff has been the perfect storm for the Devils.Yes it sometimes involves a little luck with what teams are down a little or a great finish like the AC game,but that's all part of it.In NET there are two huge schools ,DB and SH.I don't care if either of those teams are down or not,it's the greatest thing in the world for any other local team to beat one of these two during the regular season.That includes the Devils if your old enough to know just how few times that's been done over the decades.For Greeneville to come up to Kingsport and beat the Tribe ,it's not going to happen just because my school has little devils on their helmets or talk the talk on coacht.It will only happen if they come up here and unload a 50 gallon drum of whopazz and play a great hard hitting 4 quarters with some great plays and coaching along the way.I may be wrong without really looking it up because Greeneville hasn't played DB and SH during the same years very many times since way back in the big 5-6-7-8-9 conference days. last year may be the only time Greeneville beat both those teams in the same season,someone can correct on that but if it's happened before last year,I bet money you can count it on one or two fingers.So ,this Devil isn't talking a lot of trash because I know what they done last year was special for Devil football.

Don't get me wrong, what Greeneville has done is impressive. They've built something special down there. They've got a great coaching staff and are putting together a really good program. I just think some of the fans have let the last couple years success go to their head a bit. I work with a few guys who went there and act like the football team is the greatest high school team on earth. 

Edited by WBNC83

3 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Don't get me wrong, what Greeneville has done is impressive. They've built something special down there. They've got a great coaching staff and are putting together a really good program. I just think some of the fans have let the last couple years success go to their head a bit. I work with a few guys who went there and act like the football team is the greatest high school team on earth. 

That's going to happen with any program that has some success.The fan base that I respect the most is the one that could do the most bragging but I think they have a great deal of class,"more then Batman for sure".That program is Maryville.They have won more games then any school in the state and have won more games and championships then 99% of the teams in the whole country over the last several years.Can you imagine what kind of fans would come out of the woodwork at just about any other school if they were that good.I'm proud to be a former Devil and the son of a former Devil,but try to be somewhat humble at the same time when talking about my school.

No doubt the Devil O will be able to put up some points, the problem is that the Devil D has no idea of the runaway train they have to try and stop.    DB gets ahead early then plays a very slow paced ball-control type of game that chews the clock, the Devils fight and claw their way back into it but fall short 24-23 when time runs out.   And remember Einstein told us that time is relative...   or was it:  time is money??   Oh wait, "When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.”       DB wins a close one.... relatively speaking..

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

No doubt the Devil O will be able to put up some points, the problem is that the Devil D has no idea of the runaway train they have to try and stop.    DB gets ahead early then plays a very slow paced ball-control type of game that chews the clock, the Devils fight and claw their way back into it but fall short 24-23 when time runs out.   And remember Einstein told us that time is relative...   or was it:  time is money??   Oh wait, "When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.”       DB wins a close one.... relatively speaking..

lol! "DB gets ahead early then plays a very slow paced ball-control type of game" That's not a hard prediction, that's vintage Graham Clark football game plan. Almost never works. Get a lead, take your foot off the gas, lose momentum, lose the game.

21 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

lol! "DB gets ahead early then plays a very slow paced ball-control type of game" That's not a hard prediction, that's vintage Graham Clark football game plan. Almost never works. Get a lead, take your foot off the gas, lose momentum, lose the game.

Well good thing you've got a new coach then. 

2 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Well good thing you've got a new coach then. 

Well that remains to be seen. Christian said he was going to ring Clarks phone off the hook asking for advice. One would think that was just a joke but maybe not. Personally, and this is just a guess of sorts but I wouldn't be surprised if Clark isn't at every practice and game. On the sidelines that is, "helping".

54 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Calling it now! Greeneville by 3 scores! 

Greeneville D forces 4 turnovers on the way to a blowout over the mighty neverwon a state title on the field DB Indians 

WHAT ?!?!?!       Come on man, I admit that its a tight game, I am picking DB but Greeneville could win.    But 3 scores???

14 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Kind of funny prediction because the last time I saw the Devils play a game up here was a 9th grade game several years ago and it ended somewhat close to that.The Devils were going for two to tie the  score   as time was running out.They called a pass play and the Devil QB rolled left as the wideout came open in the baseball end of the stadium end zone.Never forget it because the DB  coaches told my son to play linebacker for that play and he  busted around the right defensive end and hit the QB just before he could get the ball off.That was also a pretty good Devil team that went on their senior year to play in Greeneville's first state championship game,coming so close to that first title.

I have watched a ton of highlights of both Greeneville and DB from last year, as well as attending the game between them.  A point that I would like to make, if you watch the whole season of Gville, the standout MVP was the #23 wideout/def back.  That kid got open deep over and over.   He burned DB in the first half, a score that helped keep it close, so the  comeback was possible.  Apparently, this happened over and over all year.   I am also told he made many crucial interceptions, (maybe multiple against Anderson C.).  Greenville had basically two pass plays.  1.) Throw it as far as you can to #23 , and 2.) the bubble screen to Goddard #11, and let him use his athletic ability.  QB had to roll out , or throw it sideways, due to being vertically challenged.  I know they are loaded with big, strong, physical players, especially defensively.   But now that the 23 is gone (graduated), they will have to find a deep threat to replace him, and the secondary was suspect anyhow.   QB ran it over 20 times against DB ( and very effectively) because no other back could produce.    This great state team is still great, but there are a couple holes to fill.   It will not be easy.