Greeneville @ DB

20 hours ago, BVDevil said:

im calling BS on this one brother....First off...HELLO 'ER-BODY, good to be back on coacht and seeing all my fellow  HS football junkies. Wish there were more of us, but there's not so i'll just have to settle for smackin around some "injuns" til aug 17 and the following days.....ok, back to you BatBro, you dont fof one dang second beleive that DB is capable of beating us by 35. I sure dont. I think everyone is beatable, but there are some teams that you just know arent getting blown out by anyone and I think the greene team meets that standard. Having said that, Im gona have to study up on your injuns a little before i make my game day victory prediction.....i WILL say this....best of luck to ALL the kids out there bustin thier humps in this heat. 

How is it going brother.I sure hope those Indians don't beat Greeneville by 35 or 1.That's why they play them.Yes it is hot out there.Got to take your hat off to all those young men that are going through the hard summer workouts.

Blazer,the 2006 DB and South game was a nice one.The biggest crowd I think I've ever seen at DB.Now the game South really thought they were going to win against DB was 2009.DB was way down,{ went 5-5 before playing Maryville in the first round }  South would go to number one in the state that week if they would have beat DB.Every jacked up truck for 200 miles was parked around death valley to see the Tribe get beat down.Before the third quarter was over,there were very few South fans sitting on the home side and the DB fans were ten times louder then a normal home game.I think most of them stayed to enjoy that one .

Edited by BatmanDevil
spelling

I think DB's biggest challenge is going into this game with a new coach.   This really gives Greeneville a huge advantage.    I think DB will be well prepared for the game but can they make the needed adjustments?   That is where a long-term coach (Ballard) is really going to shine.     And let's face it, DB has a history of getting ahead and then coasting and end up losing.    Maybe that was just Clark-ball or maybe it is ingrained into the DB culture.   I'm still picking the Tribe 24-23 but anyone who is honest knows all to well that Greeneville has an excellent chance to win based on coaching experience.

22 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I think DB's biggest challenge is going into this game with a new coach.   This really gives Greeneville a huge advantage.    I think DB will be well prepared for the game but can they make the needed adjustments?   That is where a long-term coach (Ballard) is really going to shine.     And let's face it, DB has a history of getting ahead and then coasting and end up losing.    Maybe that was just Clark-ball or maybe it is ingrained into the DB culture.   I'm still picking the Tribe 24-23 but anyone who is honest knows all to well that Greeneville has an excellent chance to win based on coaching experience.

Picking against Greeneville is just plain dumb 

54 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Nobody knows how Christian will react head coaching in his first game. If what he said about seeking Clarks advice and ringing his phone off the hook is legit then you'll probably see about the same result as last year. If he was just being a "nice guy" with his comments then I like DB's chances more than not.  The biggest challenge is as it has been for the last 10 years. DB plays terrible defense. Sadly I haven't heard anything positive about changes being made on that side of the ball. All the talk and action is still on the offense. It's like they've decided that defense doesn't really matter anymore. Boggles the mind.

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Nobody knows how Christian will react head coaching in his first game. If what he said about seeking Clarks advice and ringing his phone off the hook is legit then you'll probably see about the same result as last year. If he was just being a "nice guy" with his comments then I like DB's chances more than not.  The biggest challenge is as it has been for the last 10 years. DB plays terrible defense. Sadly I haven't heard anything positive about changes being made on that side of the ball. All the talk and action is still on the offense. It's like they've decided that defense doesn't really matter anymore. Boggles the mind.

Did Db lose a lot of guys? I see Greeneville scoring at will in this game 

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

lol! No, picking against Maryville is just plain dumb. Greeneville is beatable.

I'd have to agree Waco.No Greeneville  football fan with any knowledge of the game can tell me that they knew at halftime in the DB,AC and Elizabethton games last year ,that the Devils were a sure bet to win.So yes,Greeneville is beatable .It has been nearly 6 decades since the last time Greeneville beat DB in Kingsport and my step uncle was a stud  for the Devils.If anyone thinks this is just another game for the states top 4A team,then they had better think again.All that said,There isn't another coach in the state at any level,including college or professional that I'd rather have at Greeneville.Coach Ballard and his staff have done something that no other school in NET has been able to do since the playoff era begain in the sixties.He has never lost a conference game ,Three state championships and the 2nd fastest coach in Tennessee history to win 100 games.I want to win them all but doing enough to make the playoff first and then win five games is what matters to Batman.I'm not greedy,Looking back at gold balls,I don't care if they are undefeated teams or have a loss,it's still a gold ball.

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Did the tribe make any coaching changes on the defense side for 2018 or will it be the same?