Sumner and Wilson County FBall

3 minutes ago, MtJulietVol said:

It certainly will be, but Lebanon will be by far the toughest defense Mt. Juliet has faced. I expect Mt. Juliet to win comfortably but that is mostly because I expect them to be able to score a fair amount of points, somewhere in the 20's or low 30's, and am not sure Lebanon can even crack double digits. 

Like I said, I won't be surprised if it is closer though. This is the best team Lebanon has had in a long time and I think they could have played Mt. Juliet closer last season if it wasn't played in a down pour. 

I am on the fence and thinking more like 21-17 

9 minutes ago, MtJulietVol said:

It certainly will be, but Lebanon will be by far the toughest defense Mt. Juliet has faced. I expect Mt. Juliet to win comfortably but that is mostly because I expect them to be able to score a fair amount of points, somewhere in the 20's or low 30's, and am not sure Lebanon can even crack double digits. 

Like I said, I won't be surprised if it is closer though. This is the best team Lebanon has had in a long time and I think they could have played Mt. Juliet closer last season if it wasn't played in a down pour. 

How do you feel about MJ kicking game & special teams? Name the last year or decade they were down on their kicking abilities? Can they be the difference?

48 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

How do you feel about MJ kicking game & special teams? Name the last year or decade they were down on their kicking abilities? Can they be the difference?

Their special teams is always great as a whole, but their kicking game is actually a little bit down this year compared to most years. Losing Wilhouit has hurt their kicking game..   It is still better than most teams, but it isn't elite any more. 

But Perry is a great special teams coach, their ability to block kicks / punts on special teams could be the difference. They blocked several kicks against Lebanon last year and would have blocked more but they stopped going for them once they got a large lead. If Lebanon wants to have any chance to pull the upset they can not allow that to happen again.

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

They blocked two field goals and tipped two punts last week. Had some good returns as well. They are always good on special teams.

1 hour ago, MtJulietVol said:

I am not sure Lebanon will score. And that defense is great but eventually will crack if the offense is going out and getting nothing drive after drive.

Another thing is that last year their starting QB and best player on offense Chandler Crite didn't play. They had a kid at quarterback that hadn't started a game in like 4 years and he had multiple bad snaps, handoffs etc. that led to bad field position or turnovers. It was just a perfect storm situation against Lebanon last year.

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I am going to be one of the outliers on this subject...I think Lebanon hangs close on this one. ... may not win it but should be good game 

If so then the defense will have to play out of their minds. Because Lebanon hasn't done much on offense against TC and McGavock the first two games. You take away a couple big plays and they are sitting at around 2 yards per play. And Mt. Juliet isn't TC or McGavock.

3 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

Picks this week (winner in bold)

Mount Juliet vs Lebanon

Beech vs Glencliff

Gallatin vs Hillsboro

Rossview vs Wilson Central

Station Camp vs Hendersonville

Mt. Juliet vs. Lebanon

Beech vs. Glencliff

Gallatin vs. Hillsboro

Rossview vs. Wilson Central

Station Camp vs. Hendersonville

5 hours ago, Fballfan1978 said:

Station Camp over Hendersonviile is a hot take right? Didn't get to catch that Gallatin and Station Camp game last week but I think this Hendersonville will run away with it.

I've seen Station Camp twice once in person and once on film. I haven't seen Hendersonville. But I can look at the scores and their opponents and tell you that I will be shocked if Station Camp wins this game let alone keeps it close.

Station Camp has beaten an Antioch team by 20 that may not win a game this year and a Gallatin team that will possibly only win 3-4 games.