Grace Christian Franklin Dropping Football

17 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Just stick it out one more year and no consequences except some little 8th graders butt hurt feelings. 

No it is not just Butt hurt feelings. I am Sure the boys feelings could grow from a butt kicking and make them better later on. The issue I see Is safety. For 13 and 14 year olds facing 18 year old is a huge difference in size and strength. And not to mention that they have to move up a level with the multiplier is another big jump. The public’s don’t want the privates with them. But now let’s complain because a school is doing it for the safety of their kids and now the public’s want to gripe because they are in a contract for a butt kicking from the public’s. Classic!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

No it is not just Butt hurt feelings. I am Sure the boys feelings could grow from a butt kicking and make them better later on. The issue I see Is safety. For 13 and 14 year olds facing 18 year old is a huge difference in size and strength. And not to mention that they have to move up a level with the multiplier is another big jump. The public’s don’t want the privates with them. But now let’s complain because a school is doing it for the safety of their kids and now the public’s want to gripe because they are in a contract for a butt kicking from the public’s. Classic!!!

Preach on Big Ed

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Plenty of schools get their butts kicked playing younger boys. TC played a 6A school with our starting roster of many freshmen last year. But we didn't bellyache and moan. We chose to play them and we will be better for it. 

Quit crying. 

No one is crying but you because they canceled the home and home with TC. This is a small school without the funds to compete in D2. So chose to stay D1. But still the multiplier was to much. It is a safety thing. You choose to play 6A teams. Good for you. They wanted to just have a chance to compete. D1 single A would have allowed that. But all you public’s say that the school with 20 kids have an advantage against public’s. Bunch of crap. It is a school that could have grown in football but now they are pushed aside. So you get the tissue and dry your tears because you don’t have a beat down on the schedule. Step up and schedule another 6A team and make yourself better for the quarter final run. 

We play Friendship Christian every year even though they are no longer in our region. They are a very successful private school who won the state 2 years in a row while in our region. We have had some chippy games for sure over the years but do not back down from playing privates or larger schools.

Check your facts a little more thoroughly . Look at our schedule and show me GCA on it. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

We play Friendship Christian every year even though they are no longer in our region. They are a very successful private school who won the state 2 years in a row while in our region. We have had some chippy games for sure over the years but do not back down from playing privates or larger schools.

Check your facts a little more thoroughly . Look at our schedule and show me GCA on it. 

I dont Care about your out of region schedule. This about something totally different. This is not a friendship Christian. My facts are just fine. That is why I am Confused on who is butt hurt?  Do you want privates in your region?  Or just not the good ones

TC isn't even in the same region as Franklin Grace. And are not the ones belly-aching. That would be Franklin's regional opponents.  Well, some of them anyway. If it's all about losing out on a 10th game then you can play a regional opponent twice & allow only the first game to count in the regional standings. Problem solved. You get your 10th game & you dont even have to play the private that's in your region.

By playing an independent schedule Franklin Grace will be ineligible to make the playoffs. 

Let Childress and company hear Franklin Grace's appeal and decide their basketball post season fate. 

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

TC isn't even in the same region as Franklin Grace. And are not the ones belly-aching. That would be Franklin's regional opponents.  Well, some of them anyway. If it's all about losing out on a 10th game then you can play a regional opponent twice & allow only the first game to count in the regional standings. Problem solved. You get your 10th game & you dont even have to play the private that's in your region.

By playing an independent schedule Franklin Grace will be ineligible to make the playoffs. 

Let Childress and company hear Franklin Grace's appeal and decide their basketball post season fate. 

Agree. Only some of them are complaining. Maybe some had them scheduled for homecoming. Don't know don't care. 

As far as them playing with a group of young players then that is part of it. We played with mostly freshmen a few years ago. They are in the smallest class 1A. The multiplier does not move them up so it don't get any smaller or weaker.  Earlier this year they was wanting to move to D2 but was denied so how was they going to compete in D2? Sounds to me like they didn't get their way and now want to pout and not play. I'm not taking sides on it either way but things in life don't always go your way, public or private. But, what you do with what life presents you shows what you are made of. Either suck it up and make the best of it or be a quitter. World will keep turning and I will continue to pay taxes. 

GCA  dropping football because of lack of underclassmen is the same as the schools refusing to play .CA.

I've seen public schools play with a limited number of underclassmen, so I don't buy that.

Plus the team that GCA would field would still beat the Pickett's and RBS's of the world no problem,  and probably even more than that.