Springfield Yellow Jackets

Kevin38

They are loaded up with skill players. The big question mark is up front. Should easily walk through the region as long as they stay healthy. They don't have the cupcake schedule like other front runners in the region which will help come playoff time as it was showed last year.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:19 AM, bigdawgtn said:

They are loaded up with skill players. The big question mark is up front. Should easily walk through the region as long as they stay healthy. They don't have the cupcake schedule like other front runners in the region which will help come playoff time as it was showed last year.

This

The Jackets need to find some depth. Last year’s depth is this year’s starters. A couple of receivers need to step up to help Johnson out since both Woodard and Bryant graduated.  Losing three starting linemen on offense and a couple on defense along with most of the line backing corp will hurt as well. A lot of the guys who are going to start played a lot last year so we’ve got to build the guys up that are behind them. I have complete faith that will happen. We may have some growing pains early on playing Gallatin and Clarksville out if the gate, but I love our out of region schedule. Why play easier teams when you get better playing tougher teams. Last year’s playoff run is a perfect example of that. We didn’t see a team better than Beech until we got to Cookeville. I think we should win the region, then come playoff time you never know how things will shake out. We do need to stay healthy too. 

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

The Jackets need to find some depth. Last year’s depth is this year’s starters. A couple of receivers need to step up to help Johnson out since both Woodard and Bryant graduated.  Losing three starting linemen on offense and a couple on defense along with most of the line backing corp will hurt as well. A lot of the guys who are going to start played a lot last year so we’ve got to build the guys up that are behind them. I have complete faith that will happen. We may have some growing pains early on playing Gallatin and Clarksville out if the gate, but I love our out of region schedule. Why play easier teams when you get better playing tougher teams. Last year’s playoff run is a perfect example of that. We didn’t see a team better than Beech until we got to Cookeville. I think we should win the region, then come playoff time you never know how things will shake out. We do need to stay healthy too. 

We lost  a lot but have several back as you say. Dustin and staff have impressed me by how better developed alot of these players get yr after yr. And each yr we see new guys making an impact. Players that come to mind that we know about from last season is #32 at QB/LB/DB. Kid really impressed me especially 2nd half of season. Our best player 23 at reciever/safety. Not really sure who will step up to fill the role at the other WRs. It would be nice if 88 (played RB and DE last season) could have developed into a pass catcher since he has the length and decent speed. It appears to be a nice pair of RBs in #8 and 9 (also a DB) which came in and did well after 8 went out last season. May need 8 playing D as well. Zirker (50) and 79 return in the trenches both sides.  45 returns as a FB/LB. Im interested in seeing if last yrs backups step up and maybe some brand new faces come in and contribute. 

Staying healthy is important every yr. Go Jackets!!!

Edited by brian2000

On 7/27/2018 at 8:19 AM, bigdawgtn said:

Some obvious shots being taken early hahaha I can't wait for this year.  I hope Springfield does well again.  Good luck to y'all!