Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

30 minutes ago, ORcats said:

Good game!  I've been somewhat worried about how young the team is in a lot of ways, but they are holding their own.

I was wondering if there is a way to watch a replay of the game, either on TV or online?  Thx.

Don't they still show a replay at Noon on a local cable channel??? During the game I sent a message to David Clary asking if there was a chance the game could be put on You Tube but he has yet to reply. The Wednesday Coaches Corner show is put on You Tube so why not the replay of the games?

8 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug.

This debacle gets turned around next week as DB finally takes the Hill 17-14

I have to agree with lawnman , Like most teams that play Db , Science Hill will have the better athletes . 40-20 Science Hill 

8 hours ago, lawnman said:

Not going to happen.

Looking at the previous two DB games and the schedule ahead, DB has a legitimate shot at winning 3 or 4 games.  And if those 3 or 4 dont go their way, dang 0-10.  I guess DB needs to change those arrogant t-shirts, because DB football will be ignored this year.  So I guess they won't be the typical DB team of old.  Run it up on local teams during the regular season then one and out in the playoffs.  Don't know when I've seen a worse DB team in my life.  

44 minutes ago, theoldfootballman said:

Looking at the previous two DB games and the schedule ahead, DB has a legitimate shot at winning 3 or 4 games.  And if those 3 or 4 dont go their way, dang 0-10.  I guess DB needs to change those arrogant t-shirts, because DB football will be ignored this year.  So I guess they won't be the typical DB team of old.  Run it up on local teams during the regular season then one and out in the playoffs.  Don't know when I've seen a worse DB team in my life.  

You need to get a clue.

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You really can't blame it all on Christian. He is still a very good line coach. He was given the job and you can't expect him to turn it down. But I think it's clear he's way out of his comfort zone. Some people are just not cut out to be head coaches. He also has no help from the rest of the staff. None, zero, nada. There's not a coach under Christian that should be coaching at a 6A school with the tradition that DB has. This is what you get when you let a bunch of "good ole' boys run your system. From the school board to the AD, and that so called search committee. Their entrenched and theres nothing anyone can do. We just have to wait until they all die off. After looking at the schedule and how the remaining team are looking I don't see a win the rest of the way. If Hicks goes down I'll guarantee a winless season. I hope the good ole boys are happy with what they've done to the Dobyns Bennett football program. 

Exactly WaCoJaCo ! The good Ol Boy syndrome at its best. Been that way for years.But the band gets bigger and louder.

I'm sure DB players are trying their best, but ultimately it is still on them, NOT the coaches:

http://www.timesnews.net/Football/2018/08/25/Booker-makes-big-impact-as-Wildcats-pounce-on-Indians.html

“We’ve just got to get up and fight,” D-B coach Joey Christian said. “We have to find guys who want to work. There were just so many mistakes we made. (Oak Ridge) Coach (Joe) Gaddis said you didn’t play very well. If you do, we’re in a battle.

“I agree, but we had too many dropped balls, too many missed receivers, too many missed blocks, just too many mistakes.”

The good news for DB fans is that all the things the coach mentioned above are fixable.