William Blount @ Cleveland

Governm

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, Blaze45 said:

I have always believed in Coach Shad... and will continue to believe in his ability. That coupled with a change in the culture from inside out will build a good program. Congrats on the upswing start !

Since 2013 WB has 11 wins. 7 of those wins are vs Lenior City and Heritage. 2 others are 3A loudon and 4A SM.

The region, with the exception of Maryville, is really down this year. WB could end up with 4-5 wins if they get a few breaks. This year's LC win is in the books, WB should be favored in the Heritage game. SM is a below average 4A team. Cleveland, Bradley and McMinn are down this year.

WB could have their first 5 win season since 2007, but its more about creative advantageous  scheduling ( and hard working kids)  then it is coaching prowess.

15 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Since 2013 WB has 11 wins. 7 of those wins are vs Lenior City and Heritage. 2 others are 3A loudon and 4A SM.

The region, with the exception of Maryville, is really down this year. WB could end up with 4-5 wins if they get a few breaks. This year's LC win is in the books, WB should be favored in the Heritage game. SM is a below average 4A team. Cleveland, Bradley and McMinn are down this year.

WB could have their first 5 win season since 2007, but its more about creative advantageous  scheduling ( and hard working kids)  then it is coaching prowess.

Very good analysis!

44 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

There  is truth to that. Keep in mind hard working kids is not always easy to get with a program that is struggling. Yes, work ethic is taught at an early age, but it still has to be cultivated in the teen years. I will say this if Coach Shad has these boys working hard playing hard and giving a strong effort, you have to think he has their buy in. Sometimes winning is a matter what you believe you can or can't do . 5 wins is not world beaters but it is headed in the right direction. With 5 wins you may see a kid or 2 decide to stay put rather than going down the road to play next season... Success often times feeds itself.

I believe Shad would be the first to tell you things haven't went as well as he had hoped, but they do seem to have a different attitude about themselves this year.  Beating the 8th rank team in the state in his second year I thought was gonna be a kick start to Shadowens era at WB, but for whatever reasons, it didn't.  This senior class came in when he came in and they seem to carry the attitude that their coach wants from them. Beating Lenior city(5a playoff team) in a ugly game and then seeing what they did to coach Harrigs redskins makes that win look better.  In the AC game WB did some things well, but still gave up way too many yards, and had 3 big mistakes on offense that probably cost them 18 points,  Its just awesome to watch the Govs compete in games again..

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Cleveland 28-14 in this one, really should be more but who knows on a wet field.  Don't forget Cleveland done something in 1 quarter WB couldn't do in 4 and that was score 21 points against LC in the jamboree. I know those things don't mean diddly squat but that how I see it. Hope I'm wrong.

So, you say that jamborees dont mean diddly squat and then use jamboree results to make your argument. Makes sense....

14 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Ditto!!!

• Like 1