Naders cross tha creik two 825

STARSNBARS

Barney is real good friends with the whole Mathis family. I went to watch Alcoa and Maryville Freshmen play three years ago at Alcoa and they put a whipping on us 52-7 if memory is correct and Alcoa took a knee inside our three yard line or it could of been worse. That was the game following the call Alcoa fans were upset about but I watched it on livestream that night and they showed the replay over and over and showed what happened clearly as could be. When I went to that game and the coaches made the team take a knee I got to witness the ugly side of a handful Alcoa of fans wanting to run it up and still carrying on about that call. I set beside a man that started talking all kinds of garbage on Mathis until I put him in his place and ask where he got all that nonsense from. I never heard so much BS in all my life about how this one person took away a ballgame and how they were going to send the film to the TSSAA and complain. I remember getting on coach T telling people if you have a problem with the call you can go to your computer and watch the replay. Far as Mathis  is concerned , he is a fine person and a good ref but a sore spot for the Alcoa fans over that call.  Far as me I'm like a Dentist and it's Alcoa Week and I'm going to drill at the nerve.

4 minutes ago, strongx said:

I had a young man recently suggest to me that if alco didn’t start winning some of these games then murvil should drop them for a more competitive game. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I hope it doesn’t happen, but what’s the record over the past 25 years or so?

When I played for Maryville we were a part of a 15 game winning streak against them and you were part of that streak also I believe. Back then that conversation did take place when Alcoa dropped to Single A because getting to the playoffs at that time depended on your schedule because there wasn't any kind of nonsense like a 7-3 team in the playoffs. Those teams played in some kind of bowl game so they could feel good about themselves and have a patch on their letter jackets.

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Through out the years I've found it more fun when Maryville wins a close one in the end on a controversial call by Barry Mathis. Those type wins sink in good like a metal splinter.

Wow. Lol. I think I should really stay off the T this week. Barney coming out and going for the jugular.l reminding Alcoa folks about that call. 

47 minutes ago, strongx said:

I had a young man recently suggest to me that if alco didn’t start winning some of these games then murvil should drop them for a more competitive game. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I hope it doesn’t happen, but what’s the record over the past 25 years or so?

In the last 25 years Alcoa is 4-21 against Maryville. But I don’t see this game being dropped anytime soon. It’s a big moneymaker. It’s in the contract to split the gate. 

We ought to play at the Skeeter every year, or Alcoa should sell single game reserved seats on their visitors sides on odd years. I get tired of sitting in that sun for 2.5 hours. Maryville should do the same.

PS: On a side note, It’s crazy having to run people out of the reserved seats every week on the home side. They keep getting more and more bold. The Oakland lady 2 weeks ago was nutso! I think she sat over there on purpose. The standard answer is “If they have a letter or number on the seat, then they are reserved. No I can’t give you permission to sit in someone else’s reserved seats!”

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Edited by Red Rebels