PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

Guest MustangMan2020
4 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

You are very on point!! I bet 20 kids dont seperate PHS from most 1A schools,talent levels should be similar! I do find it funny that the 1A and 2A threads dwarf the bigger threads!!!I guess us hicks in tha stix aint got nothin better to do!!! Moonshine and highschool football!!!

Would love to see a Peabody vs Mustang matchup next year!! This year would be awesome also.. Obviously that’s out!! Good luck!!

Wow lol.  You guys want GC fans to come on here and talk about the game but as soon as anyone says anything you shoot it down cause Peabody is way bigger and way faster than anything GC has lol.  Not a single GC fan has said they will win.  But this is not the same GC.  They finally have some kids playing that haven’t played in the past and it is starting to show.   We will see if they can be competitive.   

BTW.  I’m not sure you realize just how fast 4.6 is. If Peabody has 4-5 players on defense running a 4.6 then they are truly one of the most talented 2A football teams ever.    And I would love to know who from Peabody rab a 4.3.   That is elite speed.  

I think 40 times are overrated. It’s not that often in a football game where you actually run a straight line path with no defenders around you. Not to mention you are running in pads. Having said that, Peabody I think definitely has the fastest team in the west in 2A. Now whether or not they have a handful of guys running 4.5s is something I don’t know about. What I do know is that it will be a great atmosphere come Friday night given that it’s Peabody’s homecoming, GC is 5-1, Peabody is 6-0, & it’s a rivalry game. These schools are just 6 miles apart so I expect a lot of people to come out & support both teams. I’m looking forward to seeing the final score in this. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I think 40 times are overrated. It’s not that often in a football game where you actually run a straight line path with no defenders around you. Not to mention you are running in pads. Having said that, Peabody I think definitely has the fastest team in the west in 2A. Now whether or not they have a handful of guys running 4.5s is something I don’t know about. What I do know is that it will be a great atmosphere come Friday night given that it’s Peabody’s homecoming, GC is 5-1, Peabody is 6-0, & it’s a rivalry game. These schools are just 6 miles apart so I expect a lot of people to come out & support both teams. I’m looking forward to seeing the final score in this. 

Agreed!  

1 hour ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Wow lol.  You guys want GC fans to come on here and talk about the game but as soon as anyone says anything you shoot it down cause Peabody is way bigger and way faster than anything GC has lol.  Not a single GC fan has said they will win.  But this is not the same GC.  They finally have some kids playing that haven’t played in the past and it is starting to show.   We will see if they can be competitive.   

BTW.  I’m not sure you realize just how fast 4.6 is. If Peabody has 4-5 players on defense running a 4.6 then they are truly one of the most talented 2A football teams ever.    And I would love to know who from Peabody rab a 4.3.   That is elite speed.  

It was several years ago when Gaddis was coach his last name was Barnett 

50 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Very good post 

Hammonds is not the fastest on the team and he runs a 4.69 but I remember that Ball in 14 I heard ran like a 4.4 and Malone was 4.5. Trenton has always had very fast talent. D1 just doesn’t like the size or height of the players. That and they just don’t get the exposure they need to be D1. The last 4 years Peabody has really improved in that aspect getting their players names out there.

50 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Hammonds is not the fastest on the team and he runs a 4.69 but I remember that Ball in 14 I heard ran like a 4.4 and Malone was 4.5. Trenton has always had very fast talent. D1 just doesn’t like the size or height of the players. That and they just don’t get the exposure they need to be D1. The last 4 years Peabody has really improved in that aspect getting their players names out there.

What would you say Eli is probably easily the 5th or 6th fastest?