PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

6 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Watch the video online. I’m making excuses for nothing. Are they making excuses in college or nfl when they review video ? 

I have nothing to do with the school system or football team so whatever I say doesn’t have anything to do with them. 

Wow I have never seen a grown man cry so much about getting beat! I am assuming you are a man. This is just pathetic. Take your whipping and go home dang.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Wow I have never seen a grown man cry so much about getting beat! I am assuming you are a man. This is just pathetic. Take your whipping and go home dang.

I’m from Trenton and it’s getting pretty embarrassing over here now. Adults accusing Gc players of stealing stuff from the locker rooms this and that. Honestly to lose any game especially losing to a rival is hard, but to take it out of social media and crying is pathetic. I’m a proud alumni of this school, and if this is how a bunch of us are gonna act over a game we played like crap on.. then I don’t want any more to do with it. Excuses need to stop and move on. This isn’t the NFL to call a team that went from 1-9 to 6-1 “cheaters”

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tide21 said:

They won I have give them credit. I told them congratulations. They played a great game. They played really good defense.  

Isn’t a forum for discussion? we can’t discuss blown calls that potentially changed the outcome of the game ?   

Discuss yes.....whine.....NO!!! Ya lost! Get over it and move on. Start a new thread that discuss how your going to turn it around and hope to meet them in the playoffs! 

18 minutes ago, mustangpop2012 said:

Discuss yes.....whine.....NO!!! Ya lost! Get over it and move on. Start a new thread that discuss how your going to turn it around and hope to meet them in the playoffs! 

We have a bye week so we are gonna have to soak it in salt lol. I’ve never thought that we had so many excuses about losing a darn football game. 

7 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Prove it...

You’ve proved nothing to me with that picture of his body flying through the air... was his feet down, did he have possession, did his knee and feet land at the same time....

All of these excuses explain a lot to me about why certain situations have been handled the way they were at Peabody over the past several years... you guys will cover for anything and make excuses for everything.

Pioneer, they've (some) been saying that "in college"..."in the NFL"...here's the thing, the call on the field was out of bounds...that requires indisputable evidence to overturn, and from what I've seen there's the ball in possession, but the knee is on the line...not indisputable, in fact it shows that the ref made the right call when he could have easily missed his knee barely on the line.

Fact is that most Peabody fans admit that Gibson County outplayed the Tide, and that they got out coached. It's just a midseason loss Tide fans, if you predicted a 56-7 type game, eat your crow with a big 'ol  slice of humble pie for desert, congratulate them, and figure on seeing them again when it means more.

35 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I’m from Trenton and it’s getting pretty embarrassing over here now. Adults accusing Gc players of stealing stuff from the locker rooms this and that. Honestly to lose any game especially losing to a rival is hard, but to take it out of social media and crying is pathetic. I’m a proud alumni of this school, and if this is how a bunch of us are gonna act over a game we played like crap on.. then I don’t want any more to do with it. Excuses need to stop and move on. This isn’t the NFL to call a team that went from 1-9 to 6-1 “cheaters”

The only thing stolen from Peabody was that Golden Tide pride...

I never would’ve thought that Peabody getting beat by Gibson County would cause a derailment for that whole community. 

I think you seem to have a grip, but the rest of the village is making a mockery of yourselves, the football program, and the school. I’m enjoying it personally.

Edited by GCPioneer

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Pioneer, they've (some) been saying that "in college"..."in the NFL"...here's the thing, the call on the field was out of bounds...that requires indisputable evidence to overturn, and from what I've seen there's the ball in possession, but the knee is on the line...not indisputable, in fact it shows that the ref made the right call when he could have easily missed his knee barely on the line.

Fact is that most Peabody fans admit that Gibson County outplayed the Tide, and that they got out coached. It's just a midseason loss Tide fans, if you predicted a 56-7 type game, eat your crow with a big 'ol  slice of humble pie for desert, congratulate them, and figure on seeing them again when it means more.

If you could just see some of the stuff on social media that is being said, you’d be amazed... it’s interesting/sad/comical all at the same time.

Just now, GCPioneer said:

The only thing stolen from Peabody was that Golden Tide pride...

I think you seem to have a grip, but you all are making a mockery of yourselves, the football program, and the school. I’m enjoying it personally.

Yes I have a grip... it’s a d**m shame and freaking embarrassing to say the least. It kinda reminds me of how milan used to be back when they were on their big run. 

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Yes I have a grip... it’s a d**m shame and freaking embarrassing to say the least. It kinda reminds me of how milan used to be back when they were on their big run. 

When you’re used to winning, it’s hard to take a loss to a team that has been irrelevant for the past 20 years in football. There’s no question that Peabody will bounce back from this (I think) and make a deep run into the playoffs. Coach Jacobs IS a good coach and has a great staff there.

I just wished the Peabody community showed a little more humility.

If this talk is going on in social media then the kids are seeing it also. Unless the adults get a grip on this then the kids will feed off of it. When that happens then Peabody will loose another game and will not make a run. Destruction begins within!!!! Peabody is a good team so deal with the loss stop pointing fingers and just go win. If not it could be a short season for the tide