Union City hosts TCA

Bigsw02

10 minutes ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

UC has a mostly one dimensional offense to deal with, strong run game and option play. UC's pass defense is going to struggle with TCA's passing game.

Not bad as a general analysis.  However, you have missed one glaring thing that has been a thorn in the side of UC all season long.  Care to guess what that might be?  How much of their game is run v. pass?  How much of their play calling goes to the fullback?   QB?, or wingbacks?  If I know these answers, surely an "Expert" such as yourself has to know as well.

4 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Meanwhile, back at Tornado Alley, there have been discussions of players coming back who will be available to play Friday night. I want to set the record straight. I have heard that a couple of guys could maybe sorta might be able to to play but maybe not. The players that are playing will play but they could and they could not but they might or they may not. It all depends on if they will or if they won't. I'm not 100 percent sure but I'm not unsure either. It could be that they are going to play and at the same time it could be that they won't. I don't deal in certainty but the fact is that there will be players playing. If you can make any sense of what I am saying then you will know that I am full of malarkey and that is a certainty. All I am saying is that we are going to play with players that will be playing and some players will maybe or maybe not play. It all depends on who is playing and who is not playing. Just saying

Swo, 

I have never heard it put so well as you just did.  With that kind of speaking, you sure could be a coach.  One thing I do know is that depleted team or not, UC is going to bring it Friday night.  It will be a supreme test for my Lions.  So much realistically  hangs in the balance based on the outcome of this game.  I know the UC game plan and it is very simple, just like your offense.  It is easy to scheme to stop  The Tornados.  The problem with that is that UC is so darn good with their execution.  That is a sign of great coaching.  You are respected in Jackson.

26 minutes ago, Intense said:

Haha!  I’ve been on here for years and have gotten my feathers ruffled many times.  Just trying to ruffle a few back.  You have good points on the power game.  If TCA had more meat up front they would have been state champs in 10, 13,14 and ‘15!  That has always been a problem for us.  We don’t feed them enough because it all goes to tuition!  UC will give us all we want.  Their record means nothing at this point!

Lol, good times!  I can take it but in all seriousness just here to talk football. Some are just get so sensitive. Good luck to you guys!

28 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Swo, 

I have never heard it put so well as you just did.  With that kind of speaking, you sure could be a coach.  One thing I do know is that depleted team or not, UC is going to bring it Friday night.  It will be a supreme test for my Lions.  So much realistically  hangs in the balance based on the outcome of this game.  I know the UC game plan and it is very simple, just like your offense.  It is easy to scheme to stop  The Tornados.  The problem with that is that UC is so darn good with their execution.  That is a sign of great coaching.  You are respected in Jackson.

Well thank you sir. I just wanted to make sure that everyone understands what is happening here and to remove any doubts about what is or isn't being said. I like to give a clear answer to my fellow Coach T friends without leaving any mud in the water. I like being truthfully truthful about the truth. 

20 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Well thank you sir. I just wanted to make sure that everyone understands what is happening here and to remove any doubts about what is or isn't being said. I like to give a clear answer to my fellow Coach T friends without leaving any mud in the water. I like being truthfully truthful about the truth. 

In 2015 we started 0-4.  We made big adjustments and made it to Semis!  Probably would have won state championship if Goldsmith hadn’t got hurt.  Your 1-5 record doesn’t make me feel good at all.  You guys could run the table until round 3 of state when you meet Peabody again.  Who knows at that point how that game would go.  We aren’t overlooking you guys at all.  UC is the gold standard in 1A and 2A football.  You don’t get to Cookeville without going through UC.  I think it will be a close game.  TCA must execute to be competitive.  Hopefully we will.  Look forward to seeing some of my UC friends.

28 minutes ago, Intense said:

In 2015 we started 0-4.  We made big adjustments and made it to Semis!  Probably would have won state championship if Goldsmith hadn’t got hurt.  Your 1-5 record doesn’t make me feel good at all.  You guys could run the table until round 3 of state when you meet Peabody again.  Who knows at that point how that game would go.  We aren’t overlooking you guys at all.  UC is the gold standard in 1A and 2A football.  You don’t get to Cookeville without going through UC.  I think it will be a close game.  TCA must execute to be competitive.  Hopefully we will.  Look forward to seeing some of my UC friends.

Thank you for your kind words Intense. Trust me when I say I that no one in UC is looking any further than tomorrow's practice at this point. I believe we will get things worked out and have a competitive team on the field Friday night. Thank you for the respect you are showing. Likewise TCA has much respect coming from the UC faithful as well. 

19 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Swo, 

Swo has always been able to shovel it pretty deep. I will say, regardless of how the injuries affect us this season, it gives me more hope for future as we have young players getting good reps that are going to be manning those positions for 2 or 3 years to come. So while I still have hope that this season can be salvaged, I do think the future looks just as bright as usual. Looking forward to a good game Friday and a lot of fun. Enjoyed the trip y'alls way last year and hope you feel the hospitality is returned this week.

Edited by TennReb31

On 9/23/2018 at 7:30 PM, ReitzFan said:

Swo, 

UC’s 7 fumbles on Friday night didn’t look like darn good execution.

12 minutes ago, MisterObjective said:

UC’s 7 fumbles on Friday night didn’t look like darn good execution.

People that dont understand the Veer offense dont get how hard it is to actually run,if you dont have a "experienced" QB as well as sure handed backs your going to fumble your fumbles fumbles!!!!! That is why UC is always fumble prone in the first couple of games,its easy to say,how hard can it be you just run folls over,that's not how this works lol!!!! After The Tornadoes injuries have had injuries it's a hard,no impossible to just "fix" it!!! The Tornadoes  will be ready come playoffs,they will make the playoffs cause our region is down! I see PHS,TCA,G.C. And U.C in that order!!!

Edited by peabodypride