AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 24 2018

Southtowner

Just now, Southtowner said:

Once you start looking at some numbers once some games are under the belts it's easier to whittle things down a bit.  Still might not have much left to distinguish what you whittled but you can always take another look.

The games between these teams will be the best of them all.

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

You can put Tyner in both as well.  I've seen them play.  They have talent and athleticism on both sides of the ball.  Sometimes they will lay an egg and play down to an opponent.  It happens. 

Wonder which of these has the most depth. Will definitely matter come playoff time.

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Wonder which of these has the most depth. Will definitely matter come playoff time.

I have no clue about anyone else on this list other than TC and Tyner, but I can tell you H2O has more depth than they have ever had in my 30 years of watching them. This in my opinion is what could make this team special! 

1 minute ago, H2Oman said:

I have no clue about anyone else on this list other than TC and Tyner, but I can tell you H2O has more depth than they have ever had in my 30 years of watching them. This in my opinion is what could make this team special! 

You could definitely be the dark horse as they say.  You never know.  

I've seen TC play with minimal numbers and wear teams to the bone. Same with SP.

29 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

The first team has only played about 16 quarters in 7 games. They strike fast and are usually sitting on the sideline with a running clock by halftime.

Meigs has done the same thing, every game has been over by halftime, the competition has not been very good, or at least it looks that way, I look at scores from teams that Meigs has throttled and those same teams are competing and winning some games, but I will say this, Meigs has done what good time do, go out and take care of business and get it over quickly and not pay down to their competition.

I think that’s what happened to Tyner the last two weeks, just not being focused.

38 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I could see the improvement between 2015 and 2017 when we played y'all. Watertown will be a tough team for anyone this playoff year!

Edited by TynerRamFan

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Crazy how a team can turn around in one yr! 

Looks that way from the outside...in reality they have been improving for four years at least. their location, facilities and their "status" as a county wide school all say that the chance to be good is there. They went from hapless to decent without adding to their win total...decent to good made a difference.