Springfield vs Montgomery Central

JacketLover

25 minutes ago, Mason3132 said:

SteelCity how are u guys going to do against Whitwell. I remember back in 91 when Whitwell come to creak bank for homecoming. Wow they were good.

We will find out come Friday. Get our starting QB/best player back for the first time this season.

I'm thinking Whitwell is probably the better team. But its on the Creekbank.

1 hour ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Now I know all the Springfield fans are football experts but is it possible that WH ran into an opponent that just wasn’t a good matchup for them. A team that likes to grind it out is often a bad matchup for a team with great speed. Or you could all be right and they lucked into an undefeated regular season and district championship. Playoffs are a different beast all together when your playing opponents your not familiar with.

No luck for BDP last year. BDP  teed the ball up and competed and won all their games.  They beat The Jackets by 2 points on BDP's  home field after our top 2 receivers were injured in the first  quarter.  Do I think those two players would have made a difference if they had played? Yup, I do.  Injuries are part of the game and they weren't able to play. Bottom line,  BDP beat us last year and I don't claim to be an expert at ANYTHING 

the Jackets are concentrating on the Indians right now.  Hopefully you will feel the Sting Friday night 

1 hour ago, WRudolph2003 said:

That is very true, pretty much zero big game experience on this MC team. Will be exciting for the kids.

Regardless of big game experience or not, the Jackets will need to play 4qt football. MC has won some close games, even if some were against lesser opponents. You can’t let a team like this hang around. Springfield needs to get a lead and put them away.

3 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Regardless of big game experience or not, the Jackets will need to play 4qt football. MC has won some close games, even if some were against lesser opponents. You can’t let a team like this hang around. Springfield needs to get a lead and put them away.

I believe this game will be low scoring and a grinding running game by both sides. I expect to see a lot of Keith Jones and Bryan Hayes running the ball. 

16 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I believe this game will be low scoring and a grinding running game by both sides. I expect to see a lot of Keith Jones and Bryan Hayes running the ball. 

I honestly hope it’s not low scoring for us, but I could see it. I expect the same out of #8 and #32 running it, but I think what we really need to do is light them up with the pass. They are going to run a base 3-4 on d and some times sneak the safety up to stack the box against the run. With the 3-4 that probably puts an outside linebacker on the slot or the safety has to cover in man. This creates mis-matches in the Jackets favor on offense. I love a good running game and I think it’s goig to be important Friday, but I think the air attack gets us the win.

12 hours ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Now I know all the Springfield fans are football experts but is it possible that WH ran into an opponent that just wasn’t a good matchup for them. A team that likes to grind it out is often a bad matchup for a team with great speed. Or you could all be right and they lucked into an undefeated regular season and district championship. Playoffs are a different beast all together when your playing opponents your not familiar with.

i dunno..we beat that team and i wasnt that impressed with them. I felt like lexington was better although all they did was run it at you.

Edited by bigdawgtn

9 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

It would be a shame if 23 didn’t touch the ball 15 + times if it were that close of a game imo. Best player on the field with ball in his hands.

They don't run a 3-4, they run a 3-5-3. If they did run a 3-4 they would have two safeties and would most likely be running Cover 2. I seriously doubt you will see a team like Central try to cover 23 in man. He is too fast and too shifty for that. You put a corner to press and a safety over the top. He is a decent receiver but what I think he does the best is when they have him run the ball on a sweep. He is so fast getting to the edge that athletic teams like Clarksville have trouble stopping him. Can't wait til Friday, may be biggest game in Centrals history or at least as long as I have been around (which is longer than I would care to admit).

19 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

They don't run a 3-4, they run a 3-5-3. If they did run a 3-4 they would have two safeties and would most likely be running Cover 2. I seriously doubt you will see a team like Central try to cover 23 in man. He is too fast and too shifty for that. You put a corner to press and a safety over the top. He is a decent receiver but what I think he does the best is when they have him run the ball on a sweep. He is so fast getting to the edge that athletic teams like Clarksville have trouble stopping him. Can't wait til Friday, may be biggest game in Centrals history or at least as long as I have been around (which is longer than I would care to admit).

Gotcha on the 3-5-3. The match ups I’m talking about are on the other players. I would never expect MC to cover 23 in man, very few teams could. He’s really good on that sweep, but I like it when they hit him with the slant. It’s fun to watch him do his thing, cutting in and out of the defense.

46 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

It would be a shame if 23 didn’t touch the ball 15 + times if it were that close of a game imo. Best player on the field with ball in his hands.

I agree he needs to touch it 15-20 times, no need not to. Doing that it’ll flow the game his way and open up opportunities else where  for others to make plays.