Just saw where the TSSAA is voting on spring practice

Just now, ZEBRA35 said:

When the majority of your baseball players play football and start on both teams doesnt make sense to do spring football when your main football players wont be participating

I agree.  That's when the coach has to make the decision not to have spring practice.  There was only a couple for us that played both sports but we typically only missed a couple days of practice.

Getting rid of spring practice will  make it unbelievably hard on new coaches or coaches that are changing offenses etc. And I have seen it first hand, the jackets have been known to be one of the best conditioned teams in years past and spring practice had a lot to do with that. Bum in the road or box drill if you have a missed assignment or turnover. Or if you don't want to put forth effort that day lets go run some buckets and bleachers. 

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

They need to keep it in my opinion. It will impact the larger schools more than us small ones. At Greenback we have a hard time getting one in between basketball and baseball due to most of the athletes play multiple sports.  We are fortunate to have been good in them so we are in the playoffs and it runs into the next season usually. When I played we couldn't start basketball season until football was over because the whole basketball team played football. We would miss a few games each year, now we have enough that don't play football that the season can start and football players join in later. Our baseball program is rolling now and they are in the cages when January rolls around its really hard to fit spring practice in when you are focused on a state run in baseball.

Exactly,i wouldnt want it taken away.But for us right now it doesnt make a difference.As a player i LOVED spring practice but we also had football camp back then also cant really do that now either.Keep and the teams decide if it works for them or not.IMO!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Exactly,i wouldnt want it taken away.But for us right now it doesnt make a difference.As a player i LOVED spring practice but we also had football camp back then also cant really do that now either.Keep and the teams decide if it works for them or not.IMO!

This. It's a decision for the school, not the state.

2 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you got that durn Rankin man training your boys and then he just sends them down the road.  This is a bunch of mess. You think im joking but im not. 

Roy, if they take away spring practice what are they gonna start taking away from the jail house fellars when they get caught breaking rules?

Just now, Southtowner said:

Roy, if they take away spring practice what are they gonna start taking away from the jail house fellars when they get caught breaking rules?

ST I garuntee that is a good point.  Them jailhouse fellars is bound to try to brake another rule to get an advantage on Grider. You think im joking but im not. 

• Like 1