4A Playoffs

greendevils11

14 minutes ago, RLA53 said:

Nolensville or Marshall County could be very tough for either Tullahoma or Maplewood in a rematch. Historically Tullahoma teams haven't fared very well in the playoffs in a long time. 

I agree. I don't think it should be a given that Maplewood or Tullahoma will make it past the second round. The top four teams have only about a touchdown or two difference between them.  On the other hand, I think it is a near given that, as the teams stand now, Region 4 will sweep Region 3 in the first round.

My 2 cent thoughts

Region 5

Springfield has alot of weapons on offense and if they stay healthy and keep firing away they could possibly make another run. Avg 43 pts a game in region play. Penalties have been a problem in games this season. They have struggled against the good running teams defensively.

Montgomery Central runs a veer option type offense but runs it well with speed and power. They are prone to turn the ball over at times that may be crucial. They may have trouble with defending speed defensively at times. They are capable of making a good run in post season.

Region 6

Dont know much accept for records and strength of non region schedules. Huge game Friday between the Jackson schools. Im not sold on Southside yet. Northside appeared to put up more pts against their region peers.

Region 7

Dyersburg appears to be the team to beat. They have dominated in the majority of their games it appears. Haywood will be looking to knock them out of postseason.

Region 8

Good luck! 

2 hours ago, midtnmale said:

Since you're bringing back a past before any of these players were even in high school, the last time Greeneville faced off against Maplewood at Maplewood the beating was not so bad: 17-7.

I was at that game with Greengreen and was one of the coldest games I have went to. Field was trashed by the end of the game. It was a looooong ride to maplewood and every one was friendly except for the player in the rainbow socks for maplewood. Lol

Edited by GREENEDEVILARMY

1 hour ago, brian2000 said:

My 2 cent thoughts

Region 5

Springfield has alot of weapons on offense and if they stay healthy and keep firing away they could possibly make another run. Avg 43 pts a game in region play. Penalties have been a problem in games this season. They have struggled against the good running teams defensively.

Montgomery Central runs a veer option type offense but runs it well with speed and power. They are prone to turn the ball over at times that may be crucial. They may have trouble with defending speed defensively at times. They are capable of making a good run in post season.

Region 6

Dont know much accept for records and strength of non region schedules. Huge game Friday between the Jackson schools. Im not sold on Southside yet. Northside appeared to put up more pts against their region peers.

Region 7

Dyersburg appears to be the team to beat. They have dominated in the majority of their games it appears. Haywood will be looking to knock them out of postseason.

Region 8

Good luck! 

I was thinking they were doing better on penalties, and turnovers this year. Last year it seemed they had 3 turnovers, and near 100 yards in penalties a game. I'd be interested in seeing how many they have at this point, and the yardage.

1 hour ago, FootballPops said:

I was thinking they were doing better on penalties, and turnovers this year. Last year it seemed they had 3 turnovers, and near 100 yards in penalties a game. I'd be interested in seeing how many they have at this point, and the yardage.

Beech and Montgomery Central games the Jackets kept self infliction at times with penalties. Granted Beech does get that friendly whistle at home.