Old CoachT Posters. Where are they now?

TheAmbassador

If you remember, I started this in 1997 but the forums, and therefore the user names, started in 2001 after a year with rivals.com. We make enough to make it worthwhile but I could never figure a way to really monetize it without charging and I just don't want to do that. I am actually considering selling it but only if the new owner will let me stay around and run it, at least for awhile. I am getting old (70) and I don't want the site to die when I do. My wife could do it for awhile but I don't want her to have to. Selling it would give the new owner time to train someone to run it while I'm still around to help.

Wow, that is sad talk. Nuff of that. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, CoachT said:

If you remember, I started this in 1997 but the forums, and therefore the user names, started in 2001 after a year with Unapproved Website. We make enough to make it worthwhile but I could never figure a way to really monetize it without charging and I just don't want to do that. I am actually considering selling it but only if the new owner will let me stay around and run it, at least for awhile. I am getting old (70) and I don't want the site to die when I do. My wife could do it for awhile but I don't want her to have to. Selling it would give the new owner time to train someone to run it while I'm still around to help.

Well, Jim, you're not old yet. I'm 79, still above ground . Enjoy the ride.

Question, do we still have moderators? Haven't noticed any. I've been off a few yrs.

Have a great week.

37 minutes ago, CoachT said:

If you remember, I started this in 1997 but the forums, and therefore the user names, started in 2001 after a year with Unapproved Website. We make enough to make it worthwhile but I could never figure a way to really monetize it without charging and I just don't want to do that. I am actually considering selling it but only if the new owner will let me stay around and run it, at least for awhile. I am getting old (70) and I don't want the site to die when I do. My wife could do it for awhile but I don't want her to have to. Selling it would give the new owner time to train someone to run it while I'm still around to help.

You should let @Southtowner inherit it lol……. 

5 hours ago, CoachT said:

CoachT.com has been a lot of fun for me and, hopefully, will be for years to come. It has helped keep me busy during some difficult health issues. Thanks to all of you old-timers and newcomers as well. A lot of the old folks are no longer on this earth. I miss them.

Try to keep things positive.

Thank you for providing this website so we can make websites on it about our teams.  Thanks again

1 hour ago, Grunt said:

Well, Jim, you're not old yet. I'm 79, still above ground . Enjoy the ride.

Question, do we still have moderators? Haven't noticed any. I've been off a few yrs.

Have a great week.

I have had a few close calls so want a plan in place just in case.

Still have mods but most of the time members contact me and I take care of it.

• Thanks 1

So, I had a long talk with iamoz today. (If you don't know, he and I are 50-50 partners in the site. Have been since 2001. He does the technical end and I do everything else). Today we worked out a plan whereby if something should happen to me he will take over the site, run it himself, sell it, whatever and make sure my wife gets 50% of everything. She can continue the site as is for awhile, if she chooses. She does a lot of the work already. But, I want her free to do what she wants and not feel obligated to run CoachT.com.

Now, if any of you would like to startup another state and see how you like it, email me at coacht@coacht.com. I have made efforts to do this before but everyone I tried was young and needed income right away and it didn't work out. In fact, we have a site in place for every state. Just add the state after http://coacht.com/... and you'll see it. If the state is two words, like North Carolina, then put a hyphen between the names like http://coacht.com/north-carolina

Edited by CoachT
Clarification

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I was teasing when I "heard" he had red hair like Carrot Top.  But I did hear he was 8 ft tall.     And hairy like BigFoot. 

46 minutes ago, Grunt said:

That's pretty close, LOL

Butchie was first class. We have texted a few times since he stepped away, but it's sure not the same on here without him.

1 hour ago, CoachT said:

So, I had a long talk with iamoz today. (If you don't know, he and I are 50-50 partners in the site. Have been since 2001. He does the technical end and I do everything else). Today we worked out a plan whereby he will take over the site, run it himself, sell it, whatever and make sure my wife gets 50% of everything. She can continue the site as is for awhile, if she chooses. She does a lot of the work already. But, I want her free to do what she wants and not feel obligated to run CoachT.com.

Now, if any of you would like to startup another state and see how you like it, email me at coacht@coacht.com. I have made efforts to do this before but everyone I tried was young and needed income right away and it didn't work out. In fact, we have a site in place for every state. Just add the state after http://coacht.com/... and you'll see it. If the state is two words, like North Carolina, then put a hyphen between the names like http://coacht.com/north-carolina

Coach i really appreciate what you’ve started with the site. 1997. Goodness what a vision for fellow sports fans to share their comments and memories. I’d really hate for you to sell. . But IF you’re still supervising maybe it’d be ok. . Not sure who’s going to take your place in the future but Southtowner and Pujo should be on a board of advisors at the very least. I really enjoy the info and content they share. Thanks for creating a forum that has allowed fans to share in their enthusiasm  for the sports we all grew up with and continue to enjoy. Best wishes with your future.