Old CoachT Posters. Where are they now?

TheAmbassador

9 hours ago, CoachT said:

If you remember, I started this in 1997 but the forums, and therefore the user names, started in 2001 after a year with Unapproved Website. We make enough to make it worthwhile but I could never figure a way to really monetize it without charging and I just don't want to do that. I am actually considering selling it but only if the new owner will let me stay around and run it, at least for awhile. I am getting old (70) and I don't want the site to die when I do. My wife could do it for awhile but I don't want her to have to. Selling it would give the new owner time to train someone to run it while I'm still around to help.

Wow, that is sad talk. Nuff of that. :)

I salute you for your vision, but more importantly for your morals and standards. This forum has been priceless to many across the state as an avenue to share information, meet like-minded people, simply occupy idle time with something lots of us are passionate about, and do all that in a harmless manner. I understand your desire for the site to continue, but also respect your decision to back away somewhat. With all sincerity... thank you for your time, effort, and sacrifice that it's taken to run it as you have.

12 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Coach i really appreciate what you’ve started with the site. 1997. Goodness what a vision for fellow sports fans to share their comments and memories. I’d really hate for you to sell. . But IF you’re still supervising maybe it’d be ok. . Not sure who’s going to take your place in the future but Southtowner and Pujo should be on a board of advisors at the very least. I really enjoy the info and content they share. Thanks for creating a forum that has allowed fans to share in their enthusiasm  for the sports we all grew up with and continue to enjoy. Best wishes with your future. 

So, I had a long talk with iamoz today. (If you don't know, he and I are 50-50 partners in the site. Have been since 2001. He does the technical end and I do everything else). Today we worked out a plan whereby if something should happen to me he will take over the site, run it himself, sell it, whatever and make sure my wife gets 50% of everything. She can continue the site as is for awhile, if she chooses. She does a lot of the work already. But, I want her free to do what she wants and not feel obligated to run CoachT.com.

Now, if any of you would like to startup another state and see how you like it, email me at coacht@coacht.com. I have made efforts to do this before but everyone I tried was young and needed income right away and it didn't work out. In fact, we have a site in place for every state. Just add the state after http://coacht.com/... and you'll see it. If the state is two words, like North Carolina, then put a hyphen between the names like http://coacht.com/north-carolina

Edited by CoachT

11 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I salute you for your vision, but more importantly for your morals and standards. This forum has been priceless to many across the state as an avenue to share information, meet like-minded people, simply occupy idle time with something lots of us are passionate about, and do all that in a harmless manner. I understand your desire for the site to continue, but also respect your decision to back away somewhat. With all sincerity... thank you for your time, effort, and sacrifice that it's taken to run it as you have.

So, I had a long talk with iamoz today. (If you don't know, he and I are 50-50 partners in the site. Have been since 2001. He does the technical end and I do everything else). Today we worked out a plan whereby if something should happen to me he will take over the site, run it himself, sell it, whatever and make sure my wife gets 50% of everything. She can continue the site as is for awhile, if she chooses. She does a lot of the work already. But, I want her free to do what she wants and not feel obligated to run CoachT.com.

Now, if any of you would like to startup another state and see how you like it, email me at coacht@coacht.com. I have made efforts to do this before but everyone I tried was young and needed income right away and it didn't work out. In fact, we have a site in place for every state. Just add the state after http://coacht.com/... and you'll see it. If the state is two words, like North Carolina, then put a hyphen between the names like http://coacht.com/north-carolina

Edited by CoachT
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CoachT said:

So, I had a long talk with iamoz today. (If you don't know, he and I are 50-50 partners in the site. Have been since 2001. He does the technical end and I do everything else). Today we worked out a plan whereby he will take over the site, run it himself, sell it, whatever and make sure my wife gets 50% of everything. She can continue the site as is for awhile, if she chooses. She does a lot of the work already. But, I want her free to do what she wants and not feel obligated to run CoachT.com.

Best wishes on your retirement. I appreciate you sharing with everyone your decision and plans. Not everyone who has started a business is so straightforward and honest when it’s time to hand it off. I’m sure you’ll continue to be on the site and i look forward to the information and topics you post. Good luck with your health hopefully for many years to come. IF I can speak for the members I’d just like to say Thank You.  

On 11/6/2018 at 12:20 PM, WiseOldManGiles said:

ship sinking gif.gif

You’re never gonna beat Alcoa. Unless you find a transfer portal outta Williamson Co. Fact. Alcoa has athletes some home grown some not. That’s where your talent base is to get kids/parents to move into your community. Giles has the Coach. But he can only do so much with the talent on hand. He’s probably the best coach in 3A. 
But he must have the athlete’s in work with. You must have kids in the community joining the program to get to the next level. It’s that simple. Alcoa reloads every year with this model. So IF you’re ever going to compete for a state title you must have the best area athletes join your program. Year in Year Out. Alcoa has the “system”. Which they got from Maryville etc etc. And apparently Greenville has adopted this “system” as well. A great athlete in Greene Co ain’t gonna waste his time playing at North Green, South Green, Chucky Doak etc. They’re transferring to GHS. To Play and show they’re talent on a bigger stage. And possibly get noticed by a college and play for a championship. 
The rich get richer in Counties with multiple Co HS’s. 

2 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

You’re never gonna beat Alcoa. Unless you find a transfer portal outta Williamson Co. Fact. Alcoa has athletes some home grown some not. That’s where your talent base is to get kids/parents to move into your community. Giles has the Coach. But he can only do so much with the talent on hand. He’s probably the best coach in 3A. 
But he must have the athlete’s in work with. You must have kids in the community joining the program to get to the next level. It’s that simple. Alcoa reloads every year with this model. So IF you’re ever going to compete for a state title you must have the best area athletes join your program. Year in Year Out. Alcoa has the “system”. Which they got from Maryville etc etc. And apparently Greenville has adopted this “system” as well. A great athlete in Greene Co ain’t gonna waste his time playing at North Green, South Green, Chucky Doak etc. They’re transferring to GHS. To Play and show they’re talent on a bigger stage. And possibly get noticed by a college and play for a championship. 
The rich get richer in Counties with multiple Co HS’s. 

They generally have kids from several a states.