South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Grider against that Clemons man)

Roy Dillard

Well, this time of they yare we it's survive and advance. The first half was very ugly. The line was not getting a push, in fact they were getting whooped. It looked once again like we were going through the motions. Then the second half we catch a break on the punt hitting the Gordonsville guy and never get back. 

roy you had better get these boys some alarm clocks. im not joking. grider had these boys a sleep in the first half. you had better get all they’re telephones numbers to. you had better gI’ve them boys a wake up call next Friday afternoon. be cause that is what they need. a wake up call. roy if them boys are a sleep at the wheel next week they will get beat. and that will be they’re last game and they won’t play anymore. i garuntee

Just now, croz6110 said:

Congrats SP.

They are definitely a team that is affected by momentum. When things are going bad, they're bad. When things are rolling, they're hard to stop.

The miscue on the punt definitely changed the momentum in the game. If that hadn't happened,  who knows, but it did.

Good luck against Whitwell.

I agree 100 percent Croz. If I was Vic next week I would get a flag early to pump everyone up lol

12 minutes ago, Speeding2Live said:

Congratulations to Gordonsville and Coach Clemons on a fine season. Good luck to SP next week against a very talented Whitwell team. SP may have still won this game but I feel the turning point was the SP punt that touched a Gordonsville player and was recovered by SP. 

That was huge. If that doesn't happen, we have good field position and the momentum.  If we could've scored and made it 14-0....

But that isn't what happened. Could've, would've, should've...

2 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

roy you had better get these boys some alarm clocks. im not joking. grider had these boys a sleep in the first half. you had better get all they’re telephones numbers to. you had better gI’ve them boys a wake up call next Friday afternoon. be cause that is what they need. a wake up call. roy if them boys are a sleep at the wheel next week they will get beat. and that will be they’re last game and they won’t play anymore. i garuntee

Our boys were gullible in the 1st half on those 2 4th down bluffs to keep that 10 minute clock killing drive going for the score.  Our defense looked pretty silly on those.

Edited by rlh

12 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

He's hurt. Hasn't played since week 9. Wouldn't have played unless we made the semis.

I don't feel like the coaches had much confidence in any other backs. There were some other personnel decisions that I wouldn't have made. There were some young players that I felt the moment was too big for. I guess it helps for the future...