Union City vs Fairley Round 2

Bigsw02

On 11/7/2018 at 8:53 PM, ucdiditagain said:

Have been working and on the road way to much.  Have seen just 3 games.  I have seen video of some of the other U C games.  Some things to look  and understand.  #1, U C has run 3 Q B's all year.  Why, because the starter went down early in season with broken arm.  Then back up, second string was hindered with a injury so 3rd string Q B stepped in.  Then U C looses fastest kid on team at #16 with ACL.  Since then, several more broken fingers and arms later, we are down to 29 - 31 players dressed. #2.  We now have everyone on the field except ACL injured player all playing normal spots.  so, with that all said, if U C can not fumble or maybe 1 time, the defense step up and play a good run defense and make them pass, our defensive back are getting better, not great but better.  We don't have tons of speed on defense.  If you get through main part of line and back, its your game to score, we can catch those speed guys.  Our special teams has been a problem all season.  Not consistent on extra points.  Our kick offs are better.  We have to squib kick on kickoffs to slow down the other team.  We have a full back who it takes 5 guys to tackle.  He has 1800 yards this season.  We have not been able to play with a full deck until last week.  If we fumble much, we are in trouble if we can;t keep other team off field.  So, with that all said, I will not be surprised either way of the outcome.  We aren't favored which is good.  We aren't flashy at all but just get the job done at times.  We have to control clock, make other team impatient which falls in our hands.  IF and I say if.  3 Things have to happen for a win for the Purple team..  0 - 1 fumbles.  Long, sustained drives of 7:30 to 9 minutes.  And good special teams play, all else falls into place and U C leave memphis with a W and farley wondering what happened.

Read above, 100% happened as it needed to.   U C power mouth football out matched speed.  Farley never seen a offense like U C.  The best team won.  Trenton, we usually play well on your field.  We have everything to gain.  We come in as underdogs.  Go Tornadoes.

What a game! UC looked like UC tonight. Fairley has some fantastic athletes and those guys can fly. They had 3 TDs called back for various penalties. But, the biggest stat of the night was NO FUMBLES for my Tornadoes. We played between the tackles for most of the night. Occasionally bouncing outside but Fairley's speed kept that in check most of the time. 

We recovered two Fairley fumbles and forced two punts. So we got 4 stops. The last 1:50 was classic. In the end my Tornadoes came away to live another day. Now we have to slug it out with Peabody. GO TORNADOES

10 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

What a game! UC looked like UC tonight. Fairley has some fantastic athletes and those guys can fly. They had 3 TDs called back for various penalties. But, the biggest stat of the night was NO FUMBLES for my Tornadoes. We played between the tackles for most of the night. Occasionally bouncing outside but Fairley's speed kept that in check most of the time. 

We recovered two Fairley fumbles and forced two punts. So we got 4 stops. The last 1:50 was classic. In the end my Tornadoes came away to live another day. Now we have to slug it out with Peabody. GO TORNADOES

Union City versus Peabody next week!!!!!

1 hour ago, Bigsw02 said:

I knew if yall didnt turn the ball over it was going to be tough for Fairley. Congrats on the win.