Smith County HC vacancy

kingofthenorth

I mention Loftis and  Shoulders as they both got the most they could with what they had at JC and RBS.

I forgot about Jackson.  I'm not sure about Clemmons as HC.

IMO  They need somebody to come in and get people excited and interested again. Make it something kids and fans want to be a part of. I think they have lost some of that for 1 reason or another. All you have to do is look on the sidelines.......there's 1 manager for every 2 players ( something like 30 players) . The stands have been 1/2 full. And all it takes is the right coach. Look what Coach G has done to lowly Lebanon, 

As far as someone from outside...Loftis and Shoulders are outsiders .Brady and Dyer have been away from SC for a while and I'm sure they remember what it's like and what it takes to get SC back where it needs to be, 

1 hour ago, GBO1 said:

Come on back home Gentry, and bring Brady and Foster with you. We will have some talented skill players, and some potential for our lines to improve. You know your heart is black and gold, not blue devil blue and white.

This would be the best result. Hopefully the owls get a good coach and can get the numbers back up. They just had no depth this season. Lots of good skill players back next season too.

12 hours ago, owlfan2018 said:

This would be the best result. Hopefully the owls get a good coach and can get the numbers back up. They just had no depth this season. Lots of good skill players back next season too.

Smith County had depth Coach Dickerson as always made a choice not to play the back ups or other certain kids. Just like when He pulled a starting senior running back a couple of years ago and put in a freshman running back. Way to much politics in this town

10 hours ago, KC1997TC said:

Smith County had depth Coach Dickerson as always made a choice not to play the back ups or other certain kids. Just like when He pulled a starting senior running back a couple of years ago and put in a freshman running back. Way to much politics in this town

I can't speak for the past but this season the depth was very thin. Only about 28 kids total at the end of the season. All but about 3 kids played both ways.

10 hours ago, KC1997TC said:

I am not a Smith County guy at all and have no dog in the fight, but I have always heard that it is one of the worst places for politics controlling the football of just about anywhere around.

2 hours ago, thatdevilforrest said:

I am not a Smith County guy at all and have no dog in the fight, but I have always heard that it is one of the worst places for politics controlling the football of just about anywhere around.

I would dare say that NO ONE controlled Rankin or Maynord in their stints at Smith County.

2 hours ago, owlfan2018 said:

I can't speak for the past but this season the depth was very thin. Only about 28 kids total at the end of the season. All but about 3 kids played both ways.

Remember you only need 11 to play. Not saying that 28 isnt a low number for the size school that SC is but your neighbor usually fields a team of about 30 maybe 35 and has great success. My point.....find the best 13-16 kids in the school and then be the best conditioned team around and you dont have to worry about depth unless the injury bug makes a stop. I have no doubt that Smith County will be back. There are alot of people that care alot about that program for it not to get back to a competitive level. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Remember you only need 11 to play. Not saying that 28 isnt a low number for the size school that SC is but your neighbor usually fields a team of about 30 maybe 35 and has great success. My point.....find the best 13-16 kids in the school and then be the best conditioned team around and you dont have to worry about depth unless the injury bug makes a stop. I have no doubt that Smith County will be back. There are alot of people that care alot about that program for it not to get back to a competitive level. 

I partially agree with the first point. I would say that when you have only 13 or 14 kids playing and many of them playing every single snap you can be the best conditioned player and still be extremely fatigued by the fourth quarter. That was definitely an issue this season.