CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

9 hours ago, footballover said:

Sure do hate the streak ended tonight. Was looking forward to another 50 point running clock game on the magic carpet. Final game on the turf this year. At some point Huntingdon will lose a game on their new turf but it ain't happening this year or next! Stangs move on to the semis in Tiptonville and put a running clock on a very average Lake Co team

If I’m not mistaking the last time huntingdon rolled on in to tiptonville to face an average lake county team as huntingdon fans would say. The stangs was huddled up on a knee after the game tears falling down their faces, lips quivering, heads down, and utter silence as the huntingdon coach starts to speak “well guys, we had a great year, hate to see it come to an end” as he speaks now all you can hear, them kids probably still hear it now LLLLLLLLLLC WHAT WHAT. so roll on into tiptonville with that we are about to put a running clock on yal again smerk and when it’s all said done, the clock it’s 0 in the ville, the mosquitos settle, the fire truck and police horns and lights shut off. You can take that goofy smerk, the tears and be sure double check. Triple check, get your parents to check, your uncle, aunts to make sure you dont forget to carry another L 1 hour and 37 mins from lake county high school, to 475 mustang drive. And then when you get there sit that L in the trophy case right there along side the one you brough back home the last time you came to tiptonville in 2010. 

Edited by lcfalcon11

13 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I don't think you will have an argument from Huntingdon folks that we have under achieved a few years.  However, that does not change the tradition or the support the community gives to the program.

As far as not being jealous, kinda hard for you to defend that point when you just got through saying that the reason Huntingdon should not be in 1A was because of the turf.

It's not a jealous thing it's a small community money thing. Name one other 1A school that could come close to spending the money that hhs has spent, I can't think of one. Huntingdon moved to 1A with the hopes of winning gold and picking on the little schools but found out it's tougher than 2A. If Huntingdon had of stayed in 2A they probably would have a couple gold balls, well I forget about y'all having a choking coach but could have competed for one anyway

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

They’re all jealous..... Huntingdon is hated by everyone for absolutely no reason. We’ve never intentionally ran a score up, classier than most, every opposing teams fans are treated like neighbors.... 

All you hear is “they have turf” blah blah, “they shouldn’t be in 1A” blah blah....

The school didn’t buy the turf!  Believe it or not the community supports the school!

Don't doubt that the community is a big supporter of Mustang football, but if I remember correctly someone from the Huntingdon fan base said that the school board approved a hefty sum of funds as well. It has been a while back, but I do remember it.

24 minutes ago, Lurker said:

They’re all jealous..... Huntingdon is hated by everyone for absolutely no reason. We’ve never intentionally ran a score up, classier than most, every opposing teams fans are treated like neighbors.... 

All you hear is “they have turf” blah blah, “they shouldn’t be in 1A” blah blah....

The school didn’t buy the turf!  Believe it or not the community supports the school!

Lake county has reasons. I can name two right off top. 2009 lc at huntingdon. Game well in hand huntingdon 56-0 in the final min of the game lake co scores. Attempts the extra point huntingdon player comes from the edge. Lowers his head and absolutely crushes the holder that is still on a knee in holding position and breaks his ankle. The kid that happen to be the qb. Fast forward to 2010. Can’t remember at what point in the game. Close game. Lc wins that game 50-49 but on a play blown dead, huntingdon wraps up lc qb picks him up and body slams him. Which happens to be the same kid that got hit before, and broke his ankle. 

10 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

It's not a jealous thing it's a small community money thing. Name one other 1A school that could come close to spending the money that hhs has spent, I can't think of one. Huntingdon moved to 1A with the hopes of winning gold and picking on the little schools but found out it's tougher than 2A. If Huntingdon had of stayed in 2A they probably would have a couple gold balls, well I forget about y'all having a choking coach but could have competed for one anyway

All of your hate on this tread is really surprising, Wildcat. Its out of character for you. The jealousy shown towards Huntingdon for having community support is just that. Jealousy. No one here is going to apologize for loving our kids. If the Wayne Co community came together to improve their facilities for their team to be proud of and other teams to look forward to playing on, I would applaud that. Not run them down. But, if that is what everyone wants to talk about to get as many pages this week, go at it. There are 16 pages so far. I’ve seen 1 post where it talked actual football. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfalcon11 said:

Lake county has reasons. I can name two right off top. 2009 lc at huntingdon. Game well in hand huntingdon 56-0 in the final min of the game lake co scores. Attempts the extra point huntingdon player comes from the edge. Lowers his head and absolutely crushes the holder that is still on a knee in holding position and breaks his ankle. The kid that happen to be the qb. Fast forward to 2010. Can’t remember at what point in the game. Close game. Lc wins that game 50-49 but on a play blown dead, huntingdon wraps up lc qb picks him up and body slams him. Which happens to be the same kid that got hit before, and broke his ankle. 

I never want to see a kid get hurt in any way but at the end of the day they’re a bunch of kids playing a hard hitting sport. Huntingdon has had their share of injuries well after the game is out of hand and well after the whistle. 

Bottom line it wasn’t by design. Or called in by the fans. It’s a bunch of emotional kids playing football. 

I am looking forward to this game. Last year was epic. Between this game and the LC game the following week, a few more grey hairs sprouted from my head. I am excited to see the facilities. Being part of the radio crew, I am curious about the size of the press box and how many can fit inside. Bulldogs are 0-1 on turf that I know of. The shut out streak is over. Is it time for the magic carpet to see it's first loss? We will find out Friday and for some, it is a rematch a year in the making. Good luck to both teams and for a week of healthy preparation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Oh, and don't even start comparing Huntingdon and Cville until you've visited both

Every year when WC gets put out you get butthurt .and start whining about hhs and jump on the other teams bandwagon. The fact is WC was never heard of ,or would have never been heard if not for the 3 rice boys.

6 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I am looking forward to this game. Last year was epic. Between this game and the LC game the following week, a few more grey hairs sprouted from my head. I am excited to see the facilities. Being part of the radio crew, I am curious about the size of the press box and how many can fit inside. Bulldogs are 0-1 on turf that I know of. The shut out streak is over. Is it time for the magic carpet to see it's first loss? We will find out Friday and for some, it is a rematch a year in the making. Good luck to both teams and for a week of healthy preparation. 

You should have plenty of room. There are press boxes on both sides.

• CoachT locked this topic