CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

44 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

It's not a jealous thing it's a small community money thing. Name one other 1A school that could come close to spending the money that hhs has spent, I can't think of one. Huntingdon moved to 1A with the hopes of winning gold and picking on the little schools but found out it's tougher than 2A. If Huntingdon had of stayed in 2A they probably would have a couple gold balls, well I forget about y'all having a choking coach but could have competed for one anyway

I’m pretty sure they are in 1a because tssaa put them there. 

27 minutes ago, lcfalcon11 said:

Lake county has reasons. I can name two right off top. 2009 lc at huntingdon. Game well in hand huntingdon 56-0 in the final min of the game lake co scores. Attempts the extra point huntingdon player comes from the edge. Lowers his head and absolutely crushes the holder that is still on a knee in holding position and breaks his ankle. The kid that happen to be the qb. Fast forward to 2010. Can’t remember at what point in the game. Close game. Lc wins that game 50-49 but on a play blown dead, huntingdon wraps up lc qb picks him up and body slams him. Which happens to be the same kid that got hit before, and broke his ankle. 

How is your son 

16 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I am looking forward to this game. Last year was epic. Between this game and the LC game the following week, a few more grey hairs sprouted from my head. I am excited to see the facilities. Being part of the radio crew, I am curious about the size of the press box and how many can fit inside. Bulldogs are 0-1 on turf that I know of. The shut out streak is over. Is it time for the magic carpet to see it's first loss? We will find out Friday and for some, it is a rematch a year in the making. Good luck to both teams and for a week of healthy preparation. 

Should be game of the week in the entire state. There probably will be more people at Paul Ward Stadium then there’s been in a long, long time. I’m excited about finally seeing a good game for hopefully 4 Qtrs as I know the Bulldog fans are as well.

Edited by fullbackdive
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

Should be game of the week in the entire state. There probably will be more people at Paul Ward Stadium then there’s been in a long, long time. I’m excited about finally seeing a good game for hopefully 4 Qtrs as I know the Bulldog fans are as well.

We pretty much got one last night. That WC bunch put up a fight 3 quarters for sure

1 hour ago, wildcat89 said:

It's not a jealous thing it's a small community money thing. Name one other 1A school that could come close to spending the money that hhs has spent, I can't think of one. Huntingdon moved to 1A with the hopes of winning gold and picking on the little schools but found out it's tougher than 2A. If Huntingdon had of stayed in 2A they probably would have a couple gold balls, well I forget about y'all having a choking coach but could have competed for one anyway

You just keep making my point.

Whether you want to use the word or not, I will. You are jealous that the community of a 1A school is willing to invest so heavily in their program.

Wayne co or any other 1A school had the same opportunities as Huntingdon. 

One point that maybe you are not aware. Every Friday night during football season, over 25% of the student body is on the field as either a player, cheerleader, or band member. That does not count the rest that form the spirit line each week.

So yeah we are very PROUD of what Huntingdon has created. 

Will the results on the field always be what we want to see? Nope

But you know what, other than for 1 school in every division each year that happens to every team.

• CoachT locked this topic