CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

49 minutes ago, horse said:

How is your son 

My son is doing fine. Had a slight case of the sniffles with the weather change. He had a pretty good year of flag football. Hopefully by the time he’s in high school he can be a stud, I know your implying that the qb those year was my kid but my kid is four. sorry To disappoint. 

1 hour ago, Waker said:

There are 16 pages so far. I’ve seen 1 post where it talked actual football. 

That is where the major difference is between Huntingdon fans and other posters on here. 

You assume that football is the subject at hand. It's not. This is just a forum for folks to talk smack and see who can have the best zingers.

They have to stick to what they know. 

Edited by couchpotato
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, footballover said:

Incorrect. Any school that is in a higher classification and due to enrollment #s that qualifies them to drop down that school has the OPTION to stay in the higher classification or drop down

How many schools play in higher classification if enrollment # aren't there,other than alcoa?

8 minutes ago, lcfalcon11 said:

My son is doing fine. Had a slight case of the sniffles with the weather change. He had a pretty good year of flag football. Hopefully by the time he’s in high school he can be a stud, I know your implying that the qb those year was my kid but my kid is four. sorry To disappoint. 

Wasn't the qbs number 11 year?

What's with the crying about Huntingdon's field? The town of Huntingdon supports their football team as well as any community in west Tennessee. Apparently it's a bad thing to take care of these kids now and give them nice things?

TSSAA has book of rules and regulations. And I'm pretty sure they handle all the classifications and THEY relegated Huntingdon to 1A. Huntingdon didn't wake up one day and decide to play a 1A schedule. As a matter of fact, Huntingdon tried to keep as much of those 2A and 3A rivalries going as they could by keeping Camden and Milan on the schedule.

Someone please show me in the rulebook where it says that a 1A team can't have a turf field. And that a team can just CHOOSE to player in a lower classification. 

Y'all out here acting like Huntingdon is the Patriots or something just because the fans love their football and bought them a nice field.

36 minutes ago, horse said:

Wasn't the qbs number 11 year?

It was 12. Sam Hays. Holds almost all if not all of lake county’s passing records. 11 was the receiver. He was the back up qb but I don’t think he ever actually played qb. And I think the center on the 2010-2011 season was the qb the following year

18 pages and no talk of football. I guess both teams know what to expect. #15 and #22 are the 2 studs for CV. Huntingdon will be keying on those 2 all game. Huntingdon has #7,8,9,13,15,16, and 85. All starters who have scored multiple td's this year. Both teams score alot of points per game both defenses are very good. Huntingdon has one of the best kickers in school history. Huntingdon has never lost on the new turf and will have home field advantage. CV has played on turf 1x this year. Coaches at Huntingdon have been here a long time. Time to get back to Cookeville amd win the gold ball. CV coach in a couple years has turned this program into a championship contender. Should be the best game in the state in any class! My pick Huntingdon 35 CV 28

10 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

Man this hit 10 pages quick, I'll never be able to keep up this week! I keep kicking this game around in my mind and can't come up with a clear advantage for either team. I will say WC was playing much better ball tonight than when they played Huntingdon, they've got better as the year went along. I read earlier in this thread that someone called HHS the kings of smash mouth football, or something like that anyway, but I'll call it like this as WC has played hhs every year now for four years and they don't play smash mouth football, Cville will be the most physical team that hhs has seen this year by far, they were the most physical that WC had seen. Huntingdon just overloads one side and let's the speed take over and it's hard to stop but not sure how they'll react when Cville starts hitting them like they've never been hit before. 

Thanks and the defense was off last night but I have said all year that they are a very physical football team 

1 minute ago, fullbackdive said:

I saw earlier where Huntingdon hasn’t put out any talent on the next level. Go turn it on ESPN and check out OL #50 for USC

Shhh... that doesn't fit the narrative that Huntingdon is a bunch of over-hyped pansies with a bank account the size of Fort Knox competing in 1A with 5A enrollment numbers..

The big metropolis of Huntingdon, has no business playing with these little guys. Huntingdon even has a red light now, for God's sake!

• CoachT locked this topic