Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

McConnell made Waverly football relevant again.  They were terrible before he came to town.  For you to pin a loss in the freaking state semifinals on him is absolutely disgusting.  From the after effects of the Huntingdon game to this its apparent how much support the coaches really have from some of the so-called “fans” in Waverly.  

All in all I think the coaches did a great job. They are the ones that put the time in with the players. I have scratched my head on a couple of plays called but Im in the stands and the coaches are the coaches. Peabody beat us fair a square. Suck it up buttercups!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

All in all I think the coaches did a great job. They are the ones that put the time in with the players. I have scratched my head on a couple of plays called but Im in the stands and the coaches are the coaches. Peabody beat us fair a square. Suck it up buttercups!! 

It’s definitely different being on the field or side line in the moment rather than being in the stands. It’s a whole different perspective

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Back when Trenton was down in the valley there was a bunch of “armchair QB’s”

On 11/25/2018 at 1:54 AM, Super8Dad said:

To answer your questions, but not to make excuses, you guys won fair and square, but the running back did dislocate his shoulder towards the end of the Riverside game. During that game, he just told them to pop it back in and he went back in and even ran the ball a few more times! Then this week was light practice and then he strapped up and took the field Friday. Not that your guys wasn't laying wood, but he was also not running as hard as he normally would because a huge part of his running style is dropping that shoulder and running over defenders which he couldn't do Friday. As far as the QB goes, he has had a shoulder injury since about the 4th game of the season, this one of the reasons why we went to a heavy run game and haven't scored as much. We definitely wanted to keep that a secret because we knew that as long as other teams viewed his arm as a threat, it would keep the defense honest. Even with those injuries, they both went out and left it all on the field. Those kids do have the heart's of lions! Which is why we Waverly folks always feel they will win, because we have a whole team of kids like that. With that being said, I actually came on here just to give a shout out to your players and your program as a whole. My son said that after the game that #58 came into our locker and basically gave them a pep talk about how it was a honor to battle with us and we were the first team they've played all year that actually struck fear in them. He also stated that he admired how we played as a family and he stated that even though he didn't know them personally, he loved them all.  From what I understand, this young man did this of his own accord. My son said he was emotional and he felt he was sincere when he said he hated they had to be the ones to beat us. That speaks volumes to me about your program and your players. I was going to be cheering you on begrudgingly next week to support the west, but now I will cheer you on as a new Peabody fan! And will continue to do so as long as your not playing Waverly of course, lol.  Good luck fellas and I really mean that!

Thats a region 7 thing,Waverly would fit in well here !!! Our kids are great and we truly enjoyed having yall in our house !!!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:54 AM, Super8Dad said:

To answer your questions, but not to make excuses, you guys won fair and square, but the running back did dislocate his shoulder towards the end of the Riverside game. During that game, he just told them to pop it back in and he went back in and even ran the ball a few more times! Then this week was light practice and then he strapped up and took the field Friday. Not that your guys wasn't laying wood, but he was also not running as hard as he normally would because a huge part of his running style is dropping that shoulder and running over defenders which he couldn't do Friday. As far as the QB goes, he has had a shoulder injury since about the 4th game of the season, this one of the reasons why we went to a heavy run game and haven't scored as much. We definitely wanted to keep that a secret because we knew that as long as other teams viewed his arm as a threat, it would keep the defense honest. Even with those injuries, they both went out and left it all on the field. Those kids do have the heart's of lions! Which is why we Waverly folks always feel they will win, because we have a whole team of kids like that. With that being said, I actually came on here just to give a shout out to your players and your program as a whole. My son said that after the game that #58 came into our locker and basically gave them a pep talk about how it was a honor to battle with us and we were the first team they've played all year that actually struck fear in them. He also stated that he admired how we played as a family and he stated that even though he didn't know them personally, he loved them all.  From what I understand, this young man did this of his own accord. My son said he was emotional and he felt he was sincere when he said he hated they had to be the ones to beat us. That speaks volumes to me about your program and your players. I was going to be cheering you on begrudgingly next week to support the west, but now I will cheer you on as a new Peabody fan! And will continue to do so as long as your not playing Waverly of course, lol.  Good luck fellas and I really mean that!

That was the most honest and amazing post I have heard in quite sometime.  We have a number of kids who would do such a thing.  58 is Osirus Wilson and he is a gentle giant.  We are honored to have such a young man on our team.  Thank you so much for your support..  And yes it was hard for me to watch your team lose.  They deserved a shot at the Gold also.  Too bad someone had to lose.  Good luck in the future.  You guys will be back because you all have a quality program.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Waverly has a lot to be proud of. I think last year's team was better offensively but this year the D stepped up as well, especially in the playoffs.  

It took you all season to do that! Just one nice comment is all I ever wanted from you. Now don't you feel better, lmbo! Thanks man we appreciate it. Made strides and bounds, but still wasn't enough for that machine that is Peabody!

On 11/24/2018 at 12:03 AM, Golddoctor said:

Oh did I quote that wrong.  We gave up only 2 offensive TD.  The scoop and score was their Defense.

My Bad

Not making excuses, we lost , but we did have two TDs called back and I'm sure there wasn't any holding going on when y'all had your long TD runs. One of yalls TDs the RB knee was down at the line of scrimmage. The scoop and score was my step son and he acted like it was no big deal while his family was going nuts in the stands. Was a heck of a game and I'll be pulling for you guys Thursday!!!!!! 

23 hours ago, Lacesout said:

Sure would have liked to seen th Waverly 2016 team play this Peabody team. Th final score may have ended up 7-6 either way!  

That 16' team was a machine. Their defense would have made them a very good team with an average offense, and the offense could go 12 plays and score, or 80 yards in one play. I thought it was a shame for them to have to play Trez to go to Cookeville, and I'll leave that story alone. Eight years out of ten the 16' team would have brought gold back to Waverly.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That 16' team was a machine. Their defense would have made them a very good team with an average offense, and the offense could go 12 plays and score, or 80 yards in one play. I thought it was a shame for them to have to play Trez to go to Cookeville, and I'll leave that story alone. Eight years out of ten the 16' team would have brought gold back to Waverly.

Totally agree with you Trader. It is what it is tho.