Meigs County @ Trousdale County - Semifinals

MarsBlackmon

3 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Lmbo not a bad comparison but the thing is he has lost a step or 2 because of his injury as a freshman, he would be running wild if he still had the speed he had last year, he was a Mack truck as a freshman and now he’s more like a caterpillar bulldozer lol

Lol, you're right but other teams still can't get him to the ground. Got to give him a year coming off that injury from last year I think he will be back fully next year

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs has a good passing game and the weather is looking dry for Friday night. and they will have there starting RB back and he’s a best. Meigs is a very physical team with a very good O line, Swafford usually has all day to pass. This will be one heck of a game. I still say Meigs 28-14.

That's all well and good but Watertown are better than Megis on both sides of the ball. TC shut Tyner down completely and they have one of the best WR in 2A. Price from Watertown now that's a beast with speed im sure Meigs RB isn't as good as Price. I will take TC defense against any team that comes to creekbank and tries to run against TC with power because I know Meigs doesn't have the speed to run on the outside against TC.

4 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Keys to beating TC..

1. If you are a true spread team ( I dont know what you run) pray for dry conditions.. Or at least be able to line up with some kind of power formation and be able to run.

2. Look for deep slants. ( line has to do their job) we had them open all night, but our QB could not find the open receivers.

3. Have a physical fast defense. TC is fast, but they are not world beaters as they would like everyone to believe. 

4. Be able to stop the run. They run out of a lot of different formations with a lot of different backs, but make no bones about it, they will run.

5. Sell out on the run and make them beat you with the pass.

6. Have your boys be ready to be hit in the mouth..  Everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth. 

TC was built for sloppy field positions, because they can line up in tight formations ( wing T and I) and run it up your throat 3 yards at a time. 

Apparently, you are a sore loser, and want to see your neighbor and region get beat. What a class act.

36 minutes ago, RTD said:

Sequatchie only beat Marion Co by 7 points and beat Smith Co by 20 points when it's the worse team Smith has has in years that's best the team, you'll play wow.

What does that have to do with anything. Meigs beat ever team that was put in front of them. TC struggled for a half against Marion County before they put them away.

45 minutes ago, RTD said:

That's all well and good but Watertown are better than Megis on both sides of the ball. TC shut Tyner down completely and they have one of the best WR in 2A. Price from Watertown now that's a beast with speed im sure Meigs RB isn't as good as Price. I will take TC defense against any team that comes to creekbank and tries to run against TC with power because I know Meigs doesn't have the speed to run on the outside against TC.

That’s your opinion and you are entitled to that. But I will have to disagree. I would take the running back for Meigs over Price on offense he’s bigger stronger and just as fast. And if you don’t think that Meigs is fast enough to get to the outside I think you’re going to be surprised. 

based on this i’ll say trousdale wins by double digits.

if the offense is hitting on all cylinders. they’ll win by +3 tds if not worse.

happy thanksgiving, everyone! :hungry:

1 hour ago, RTD said:

Sequatchie only beat Marion Co by 7 points and beat Smith Co by 20 points when it's the worse team Smith has has in years that's best the team, you'll play wow.

Edited by snoball5278

On 11/17/2018 at 1:06 PM, CommanderMan said:

TC by as many points as they want in this game. Meigs is lucky that TC plays a grinding type of offense. That is the only thing that will keep this game respectable on the scoreboard. 

I I haven’t watched TC play a football game since 2013, but I do know this. They’re gonna line up and run it down Meigs throat. And they’re gonna do it over and over and over again. 

The old region 4 elite teams that made the semi finals always taught those scrubs from upper east TN how to play football. 2018 will be no different. 

If you think anyone is gonna line up and run it down Meigs County’s throat then you don’t know what they are about this year. This team was built Defense first. Gritty, Hard, downhill play from Linebackers and Defensive Linemen that are not the biggest. All I’m going to say is when I went up to TC when they played Whitwell, if that’s the grinding out you mean from their offense then, this one will definitely be a lot more fun to watch then what you all are saying. It’s a wonder why Meigs is getting wrote off so soon due to their schedule. As far as I know everyone is healthy. The Senior Running back has only played 4-5 games this year in blowouts. Not sure if he will get to play this week. As far as the Offensive Line goes, I believe they are playing some of the best football right now minus dumb mistakes such as holding, false starts, and meaningless personal fouls after a play. I watched Whitwell’s Offensive Line struggle against a TC D-Line that stood around, but played till the whistle blew. I believe that’s what Meigs will have to do this week. Should be a great game. And maybe Yeti is right. Might be ample crow to go around.