Meigs County @ Trousdale County - Semifinals

MarsBlackmon

1 hour ago, Tiger86 said:

Not this week

Keys to beating TC..

1. If you are a true spread team ( I dont know what you run) pray for dry conditions.. Or at least be able to line up with some kind of power formation and be able to run.

2. Look for deep slants. ( line has to do their job) we had them open all night, but our QB could not find the open receivers.

3. Have a physical fast defense. TC is fast, but they are not world beaters as they would like everyone to believe. 

4. Be able to stop the run. They run out of a lot of different formations with a lot of different backs, but make no bones about it, they will run.

5. Sell out on the run and make them beat you with the pass.

6. Have your boys be ready to be hit in the mouth..  Everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth. 

TC was built for sloppy field positions, because they can line up in tight formations ( wing T and I) and run it up your throat 3 yards at a time. 

27 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Keys to beating TC..

1. If you are a true spread team ( I dont know what you run) pray for dry conditions.. Or at least be able to line up with some kind of power formation and be able to run.

2. Look for deep slants. ( line has to do their job) we had them open all night, but our QB could not find the open receivers.

3. Have a physical fast defense. TC is fast, but they are not world beaters as they would like everyone to believe. 

4. Be able to stop the run. They run out of a lot of different formations with a lot of different backs, but make no bones about it, they will run.

6. Have your boys be ready to be hit in the mouth..  Everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth. 

TC was built for sloppy field positions, because they can line up in tight formations ( wing T and I) and run it up your throat 3 yards at a time. 

True points and it helps when you have a 6’2 240-250 pound FB 

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Keys to beating TC..

That was first time all year at has ran out of the wing t

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Keys to beating TC..

On those deep slants if the QB doesn't have accuracy those slants will turn into interceptions 

1 minute ago, RTD said:

I think we can take the 240 off and just say 250 lol that  250 is mostly muscle he reminds me of Tim Tebow when he played QB but has a better accuracy 

Lmbo not a bad comparison but the thing is he has lost a step or 2 because of his injury as a freshman, he would be running wild if he still had the speed he had last year, he was a Mack truck as a freshman and now he’s more like a caterpillar bulldozer lol

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Keys to beating TC..

Meigs has a good passing game and the weather is looking dry for Friday night. and they will have there starting RB back and he’s a best. Meigs is a very physical team with a very good O line, Swafford usually has all day to pass. This will be one heck of a game. I still say Meigs 28-14.

53 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs has a good passing game and the weather is looking dry for Friday night. and they will have there starting RB back and he’s a best. Meigs is a very physical team with a very good O line, Swafford usually has all day to pass. This will be one heck of a game. I still say Meigs 28-14.

Good luck scoring 28 

• Like 1