1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

Gonna be a nervous wreck before the game but let’s not forget also that in every big game, this GB team always steps up. Anytime we need a big play, someone is there. And after thinking about it, we really need to score first. Boldin and their players haven’t been here before and if they get stuck behind the 8 ball, it’ll be interesting how they respond. If GB let’s their crowd influence this game, momentum might not swing back in our favor. I can see WHS winning by 3 scores, GB winning by 3 scores, or it being a very close ball game. I believe our coaching will be a HUGE factor in this game. Take what they give and DO NOT let off the gas. 

1 hour ago, cherokee23 said:

Gonna be a nervous wreck before the game but let’s not forget also that in every big game, this GB team always steps up. Anytime we need a big play, someone is there. And after thinking about it, we really need to score first. Boldin and their players haven’t been here before and if they get stuck behind the 8 ball, it’ll be interesting how they respond. If GB let’s their crowd influence this game, momentum might not swing back in our favor. I can see WHS winning by 3 scores, GB winning by 3 scores, or it being a very close ball game. I believe our coaching will be a HUGE factor in this game. Take what they give and DO NOT let off the gas. 

I too will be nervous before the game. It is true that Whitwell has not been in this position in a while, but there is a different feel about this team. Senior leadership is a huge factor for this team. They have been in a few situations this year that they had to dig deep (TC game and playoff game against S. Pitt.). Both times they arose to the occasion. They have been tested, but GB is an experienced and very talented team. I see a close game either way. If Whitwell doesn't get too excited and can keep it close going in to the 4th quarter, we will have a good chance of coming out on top. You guys do have the advantage in coaching experience and the players being in this position before. I will agree that if either team gains an advantage that they need to stay on the gas and not get complacent.

20 hours ago, ladykee said:

My son would be transferring schools lol! Be hard to find any Elizabeth Warren support in these parts!

I was thinking itd be a nice middle finger to her. Either way good luck Friday. I heard GB had some players banged up. Hope all is well

Edited by WarEagleCartman

Just now, WingoVFL said:

I’d imagine they would travel pretty well especially with all the SRs. A lot like us never know when it’s going to be a kids last game 

4th round GB fans always travel well. But we have just a little further to go than SP does so I wouldn’t expect as many fans as SP. But we’ll have quite a few