Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

13 hours ago, JohnnyLawrence said:

Back in your day, there was no 321 or Pellissippi Parkway to get to Oak Ridge. 

It was an all-day affair. 

Back in my day we were the first group that brought in the Red Riddell Helmets that looked like Alabama for close to twenty years and done away with the old ones that had to be fitted and had the rope webbing inside.

vfexy.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Back in my day we were the first group that brought in the Red Riddell Helmets that looked like Alabama for close to twenty years and done away with the old ones that had to be fitted and had the rope webbing inside.

vfexy.jpg

My Freshman year at Friendsville, we were issued the old "concussion helmets". They did give us a new, out of the box, doughnut that fit into the top of the webbing. My Maryville Cubs/Bears helmets were better than my FHS helmet. 

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

My Freshman year at Friendsville, we were issued the old "concussion helmets". They did give us a new, out of the box, doughnut that fit into the top of the webbing. My Maryville Cubs/Bears helmets were better than my FHS helmet. 

s-l1600.jpg

You had a fancy helmet.  Mine had a Triple Deuce Ranch brand on it.  

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

s-l1600.jpg

Yep ours looked just like that inside. When you got hit in the head you knew it.

21 hours ago, MLREB said:

Couldn't agree more. Maybe more and better competition has spoiled us, but Big Ed's is not in the top 10 on my list. 

I've been there exactly once because the girl I was dating in college was from OR and told me I had to try it. I went and wasn't impressed.

Side note - our relationship ended about a week or so later.

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

I've been there exactly once because the girl I was dating in college was from OR and told me I had to try it. I went and wasn't impressed.

Side note - our relationship ended about a week or so later.

No wonder you don't care for Big Ed's, you made her feel bad about the place she wanted to eat at and she dumped your butt.