Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

38 minutes ago, strongx said:

In Cleveland. Had 6 officials doing the game. 

Charging $10 to see a scrimmage is just pure arrogance.  

Most officials work for free in scrimmages.  It's their "pre season training" requirement.  

Edited by HTV

Like I have been saying, the big question mark for Maryville would be how the line develops especially after that disaster at Oakland last year. We just don't have the size we have had in the past and going to be much harder. I believe we're going to have to sling the ball in the air in a very hurry up style offense to offset this issue. The defensive front also suffers the same size issues. Good players but no match for a 300 pound line blocking you like we saw tonight. It was like watching dominos fall all night long on defense. If this had been a real game tonight Catholic would have scored two touchdowns on poor punt snaps. A lot of things to work on over the next few weeks.

Catholic looks real good. I think Maryville will be fine. A lot of people thought Maryville was way down in 2013 when Ensworth killed Maryville  in a scrimmage.  Maryville subbed so much it was hard to keep track. Starters played very little.  What excites me is Parker McGill looked good. Carson Jones looked real good. 

• Upvote 2

From the cheap seats it looked like the visitors had ALOT better players. The home team looked smaller and slower. But...not so fast. After catlick ‘s first drive, I thought murvil adjusted defensively to the size/speed. When the OL did open a crease, the rb was too slow to get there. But they still managed several scores with the first unit. The pass will open up the run for them this year. It’s happened before. 24 looked good.

14 minutes ago, strongx said:

From the cheap seats it looked like the visitors had ALOT better players. The home team looked smaller and slower. But...not so fast. After catlick ‘s first drive, I thought murvil adjusted defensively to the size/speed. When the OL did open a crease, the rb was too slow to get there. But they still managed several scores with the first unit. The pass will open up the run for them this year. It’s happened before. 24 looked good.

And 25 looked good. 19 made a great catch. Lots of youngens on the field. 

6 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

darn I guess we might as well fold up the program wheatfield and all. You guys are pathetic. I guess its a good thing you didnt waste your money on tickets.  Bye

Not sure who your calling pathetic but I have a ticket, tired of buying two and wasting money on the other. Was going to buy them back and I couldn't believe for my life the one I got was available. I didn't buy mine for the longest time over the radio situation and the online deal. Far as the team goes things will work it's way out. I think there are way more positives than negatives and they will adjust to most of it. I'm very high on our QB and receivers and I believe they will burn the britches off most of the teams we play this year. I've said this the past few years that attrition will show up somewhere on this team and it has on the offensive and defensive lines. Most other teams are going through the same situation but showing up in other areas. Catholic is a different animal where you go to the store and buy what your short on where we don't have that option here. I could give you a dozen good reasons why all this is happening but it is going on at all schools, not just us. This week at Oak Ridge I would expect some improvement and I don't regret playing Catholic last night because you have to play the best if you want to be the best.