Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

After reading the paper today and seeing Catholic with three of the top ten players in the state and all on the line, I can sort of see why we had such a hard time with them last week. The Oak Ridge scrimmage was just a total beatdown and something I never expected. I did take a picture of the scoreboard just in case I had got to much sun that day and just dreamed that happened. I guess this Central game this Tuesday will be a good indicator where we really stand going into this season.

67921582-10214209770974053-5593489965762

21 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

After reading the paper today and seeing Catholic with three of the top ten players in the state and all on the line, I can sort of see why we had such a hard time with them last week. The Oak Ridge scrimmage was just a total beatdown and something I never expected. I did take a picture of the scoreboard just in case I had got to much sun that day and just dreamed that happened. I guess this Central game this Tuesday will be a good indicator where we really stand going into this season.

Caption the Picture...

I told him and told him, " Coach Gaddis playing the Oak Ridge Boys Club teams against MHS is wrong, just wrong! "

24 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Central has as good a dual threat QB as Maryville will see this year.  Be interesting to see if he is in a green jersey Tuesday. He can cause a lot of problems with his athleticism. 

That said, Central lost pretty much everything up front both ways. Those guys are why they won a gold ball last year.  The guys trying to replace them have struggled thus far in the pre season. 

Chattanooga-area football teams in Region 2-6A still chasing Maryville Rebels

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/preps/story/2019/aug/11/chattanooga-arefootball-teams-regi2-6still-ch/500943/

The Times Free Press is not free, but they give you a few free ones. 

1510883445_001417d00-bradley-sh-120_t107

This is just an excerpt: 

Team to beat: With 13 state championships since 1998, the Maryville Rebels are a perennial power. Running back Tee Hodge, who has committed to Tennessee, is a leading force for the program that has not lost a region game since falling to Halls in 2000.

Watch out for: Bradley Central has a new mobile threat at quarterback to pair with talented running back Ricky McCleary, who had 12 touchdowns and 1,191 yards as a junior. The Bears also return standout receivers Saylor Clark and Tray Curry, who combined for 16 touchdowns and nearly 1,600 yards in 2018. If the offensive line can lead the way, the Bears could have a big season.

Best game: Drama hasn’t lacked in the past two meetings between Bradley Central and Ooltewah. The Bears won 42-35 at Ooltewah in 2017, and the Owls landed payback with a 28-27 home victory last year. A Sept. 20 matchup between a pair of teams expected to battle for the second spot in the region should provide lots of entertainment.

"William Blount and Maryville Heritage round out the region." Patrick MacCoon

Edited by Red Rebels

On 8/11/2019 at 7:58 PM, HTV said:

Central has as good a dual threat QB as Maryville will see this year.  Be interesting to see if he is in a green jersey Tuesday. He can cause a lot of problems with his athleticism. 

That said, Central lost pretty much everything up front both ways. Those guys are why they won a gold ball last year.  The guys trying to replace them have struggled thus far in the pre season. 

I would say Dakota will be in a green jersey, no reason to risk anything in a scrimmage. And no disrespect HTV but I wouldn’t say the new guys have struggled, they are just adjusting. A couple of them played a lot last year including the Center who was a starter. We’ll be ok, I’m just looking forward to seeing how we do today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I would say Dakota will be in a green jersey, no reason to risk anything in a scrimmage. And no disrespect HTV but I wouldn’t say the new guys have struggled, they are just adjusting. A couple of them played a lot last year including the Center who was a starter. We’ll be ok, I’m just looking forward to seeing how we do today.

Don't disagree with you on Dakota.  He's the one player you guys can't lose.  

As for the struggling part, I've seen scrimmage video and talked to Central guys.  Just my observation and their opinion.

Agree to disagree.  Those units were simply so dominate last year.  Long way to go to be anywhere near that good.    

11 minutes ago, HTV said:

Don't disagree with you on Dakota.  He's the one player you guys can't lose.  

As for the struggling part, I've seen scrimmage video and talked to Central guys.  Just my observation and their opinion.

Agree to disagree.  Those units were simply so dominate last year.  Long way to go to be anywhere near that good.    

Is it raining in North Knoxville HTV. Coming a frog strangler over here. 

1 minute ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Is it raining in North Knoxville HTV. Coming a frog strangler over here. 

We got a really hard storm about noon that blew through and dumped a lot of rain, but it's gone now. With artificial turf at Central, shouldn't be an issue.