2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

Who’s excited about the scrimmage on Friday against Milan? I’m really interested in seeing the quarterback battle, how the OL preforms, and how we look defensively. I think those are the three biggest question marks going into the season. Thoughts? I will more than likely make this one, but will not make the MBA scrimmage on the 9th. Hopefully someone will and report back.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Omaha said:

Who’s excited about the scrimmage on Friday against Milan? I’m really interested in seeing the quarterback battle, how the OL preforms, and how we look defensively. I think those are the three biggest question marks going into the season. Thoughts? I will more than likely make this one, but will not make the MBA scrimmage on the 9th. Hopefully someone will and report back.

I will be at the scrimmage against Milan but also wont make the MBA one! Some of the same questions as you! Will be interesting but I dont think we will be disappointed! Cant wait until Friday! I think the defense will be pretty solid and will get even better as the season goes along. O line has always been pretty solid over the last 10 years or longer.

• Like 1

Not a bad showing tonight. The crowd on hand was incredible for a preseason scrimmage. 

Ended in a 21-21 tie. Both teams had their ups and downs. Milan’s QB (#1) is a stud. Does anyone know that young man’s name? The receiver #5 is a beast as well. 

We had our moments too. The freshman QB is already a very good football player. He made something out of nothing on multiple occasions and played very smart overall. Definitely didn’t look like a freshman out there. The running game was solid as well, especially with Foster and Johnson not playing. The touchdown run by Donte Davis was a thing of beauty. 

Kicking game and secondary need to get cleaned up, and the O-line had several mishaps and procedural penalties, which is typical this time of year. Not a bad starting point over all. 

• Like 1

A few thoughts on tonight's scrimmage again Milan. 

* I think it is clear that the freshman Damron is the starting QB. He managed the game very well I thought and had some nice throws and a couple decent runs.

* Dante Davis was at RB due to injuries to Jayln Foster and Jamarcus Johnson. Dante was an absolute beast and had some big time runs and one in particular where he gave a huge stiff arm to a defender and then ran over another defender on the same play! Looked very impressive!

* We need to know who is #87? He looked really good and could be a weapon on offense. He looked solid!

* Defense got beat on 3 plays that went for big plays and TD's. Other than those big plays we looked solid overall defensively. Just will be a work in progress. 

• Upvote 1

I was most impressed with how the young QB commanded the huddle and managed the game. He must be wise beyond his years, because he almost always put us in the right positions to succeed. His arm is good and he’s more athletic than I thought he was. Can you imagine what this kid will be 2-3 years from now? Dante Davis looked like a man out there. Defensively we played well if you back out those 3 big plays. OL has a ways to go, especially with the mental mistakes, but they’ll get there. I’ve said this before, but by mid season we’re going to be a pretty good football team if everyone stays healthy. GBR

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Omaha said:

I was most impressed with how the young QB commanded the huddle and managed the game. He must be wise beyond his years, because he almost always put us in the right positions to succeed. His arm is good and he’s more athletic than I thought he was. Can you imagine what this kid will be 2-3 years from now? Dante Davis looked like a man out there. Defensively we played well if you back out those 3 big plays. OL has a ways to go, especially with the mental mistakes, but they’ll get there. I’ve said this before, but by mid season we’re going to be a pretty good football team if everyone stays healthy. GBR

By the time this QB is a Junior and Senior my lord!!!! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Not a bad showing tonight. The crowd on hand was incredible for a preseason scrimmage. 

Ended in a 21-21 tie. Both teams had their ups and downs. Milan’s QB (#1) is a stud. Does anyone know that young man’s name? The receiver #5 is a beast as well. 

We had our moments too. The freshman QB is already a very good football player. He made something out of nothing on multiple occasions and played very smart overall. Definitely didn’t look like a freshman out there. The running game was solid as well, especially with Foster and Johnson not playing. The touchdown run by Donte Davis was a thing of beauty. 

Kicking game and secondary need to get cleaned up, and the O-line had several mishaps and procedural penalties, which is typical this time of year. Not a bad starting point over all. 

This is pretty spot on, the thing I was most impressed with by the young QB was his decision making in the heat of battle, I can only think of 1 play where he didnt make the correct decision, I believe it is pretty clear who the starting QB is.....

The running game looked solid as usual and the defense didnt play too badly really.....

If there was any critique from me I would say the offensive line needs to tighten it up a bit specifically in pass protection, kudos to the QB for thinking quick on his feet and making good decisions under fire, having said that Milan may just have a very good Dline that will be tough for any team to block this year.....

As far as Milan putting up 21 I am going to give Milan some credit, as you stated the QB is a beast, that last long TD pass was just executed perfectly, an inch shorter/longer and that doesnt work, and after he caught it, lets face it, that kid just had some burners.....lol

You guys will be fine this year,I will probably make it out for a few games.....

• Upvote 1