Preseason Top Ten!

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

A dark horse in 1A could be Memphis East.  I know they were 0-10 last year while only scoring 12 points.   But you never really know who or what may show up at one of these Memphis schools.

They took home the 4A gold ball in 2016.  I realize they have fallen off but they'll have this year and next to compete in 1A football regardless of their enrollment numbers.

I don't know their situation but they could have an influx of student athletes and change the landscape.  

ST I really respect your opinion but I have to be honest with you. I saw East last year when they played Dyersburg in the first rd of the playoffs. They were hands down the worst team I had ever seen.  Arrived 15 mins prior to game time. Only dressed 26 kids. Coaches had no clue what they were doing. I could tell this simply by watching them warm up for the 5mins they had. Players had a hard time getting lined up correctly and this was after already playing 10 games. I don’t think they will present a challenge this year unless an act of god happens. 

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I do. Peabody will probably win again. 14-1 and state champs again. You will rebound nicely after game 1 and go on a run in which no one will touch you. 

I'm sure they like hearing that. But other teams have their own plans.

24 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

ST I really respect your opinion but I have to be honest with you. I saw East last year when they played Dyersburg in the first rd of the playoffs. They were hands down the worst team I had ever seen.  Arrived 15 mins prior to game time. Only dressed 26 kids. Coaches had no clue what they were doing. I could tell this simply by watching them warm up for the 5mins they had. Players had a hard time getting lined up correctly and this was after already playing 10 games. I don’t think they will present a challenge this year unless an act of god happens. 

I respect your opinion as well BPM.  I know they were classified as 3A but played up in the 4A classification because of basketball most likely.  Now that the rule has changed and you can play football in your assigned class and play up in other sports it will give them a better chance to compete with the numbers they have.

My main point is your never know what may walk through the doors at a Memphis school. 

They have the next 2 years in 1A regardless of any enrollment changes.  

They could be like Mitchell when some were thinking they could have posed a problem when their enrollment dropped and they were reclassified but it never materialized. 

Again, I trust your analysis of their team. 

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Coach Wimberly and his staff had something to do with that title as well.   Former NFL player and great football Coach.  Mitchell hasn't had the impact I thought they'd have after dropping down so many classes.

I thought Mitchell would threaten as well out west. Hadn't happened.

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Yall are the favorite out west. And most likely overall.

There's a couple teams in the east that have a shot at dethroning and taking away your crown. 

Never know what will happen. In the East alone its flip flopped the last few years as to who represents our side 

15 Marion

16 Marion

17 Tyner

18 Trousdale

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I do. Peabody will probably win again. 14-1 and state champs again. You will rebound nicely after game 1 and go on a run in which no one will touch you. 

Beating Milan is a sweet victory for me.  I went to school in Milan then went on to trenton and played football there. Beating Milan is as important to me as any game 

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Yall are the favorite out west. And most likely overall.

There's a couple teams in the east that have a shot at dethroning and taking away your crown. 

What does trousdale bring back ?  Keyvont Baines graduates doesn’t he ?   What about meigs what did they gain and lose ? 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

What does trousdale bring back ?  Keyvont Baines graduates doesn’t he ?   What about meigs what did they gain and lose ? 

As far as Meigs goes we basically have the same offensive skill players as last year with a few new faces on the line that played in blowouts the last year. From the coaches I'm hearing defensively we will be the same as last year and offensively we may be a tad bit better. Last year I believe we were a top 5 defensive team and a top 2 at a guess at offense.

Edited by Imthayeti