Preseason Top Ten!

36 minutes ago, RTD said:

I thought you'll handle UC. That's kind of funny TC fans thought they would never shutout Tyner we heard more talk about how good Tyner was and how they will steamroll TC then Meigs and Peabody but that was coming from Tyner fans. Those are some good stats for Peabody you'll have been the top defense. I know Meigs, Friendship Christian and Watertown killed TC defensive stats.

Better stats or shut outs doesnt mean better defense. I believe you had a harder schedule then Meigs and Peabody. UC was not the team they were the previous year it was easy to see reflecting on their record even with the hurt player they had. Milan was the hardest team they played in the season I'd have to imagine followed by Waverly in the playoffs. Gibson County was a flop but it happened they werent a stellar team. Meigs only respectable game honestly was against Sequatchie and they were a good team not stellar. They made a decent 3A playoff run. Meigs didn't have the challenges that Trousdale had in their regular season and until the playoffs hadn't played a team like that all year. So saying Peabody had a better defense is realistically not correct considering their schedule was considerably easier at least in my honest opinion.

8 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I don't believe that will happen.I believe Frankie had been offered by Memphis and a few others and he may get more this season.But I think the LC players held their own with him.LC may have a couple others with offers but 68 would know that.I'm thinking LC will hold their own with anybody in Single A

There are currently 3 kids at LC that are getting legit d1 offers. 2 of them have multiple high major offers on the table. 

On 6/21/2019 at 4:24 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You need to keep the D1 talk on the hush. Bass will be in here crowning you guys king of the universe if he finds out you have that much D1 talent on 1 team. 

I’m just not use to seeing the D1 talent in SP. Lake County has multiple D1 kids as well.. That’s impressive as well. Too my knowledge I don’t believe SP has one D1 offer. As Old Pirate often says.. I’m not sure our “studding” is the same as some of these other 1A programs. We went through the years 2007-2013 and had some kids go to UTC and Tennessee Tech, but that’s about it to my knowledge. As for your comment about Lake County.. they should be REALLY good with D1 talent. A D1 kid usually dominates the game at this level. 

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m just not use to seeing the D1 talent in SP. Lake County has multiple D1 kids as well.. That’s impressive as well. Too my knowledge I don’t believe SP has one D1 offer. As Old Pirate often says.. I’m not sure our “studding” is the same as some of these other 1A programs. We went through the years 2007-2013 and had some kids go to UTC and Tennessee Tech, but that’s about it to my knowledge. As for your comment about Lake County.. they should be REALLY good with D1 talent. A D1 kid usually dominates the game at this level. 

Did any of the kids on Whitwell’s team last year go on to get a scholly to play D1 ball?  I know Cornersville did not. But Greenback had them and LC and Huntingdung. 

I know NCS had several the year they won but what about Dresden (none although one went to UT Martin) or Union City the 2 years before that? (None). Even by your own admission South Pitt doesn’t get D1 players but they are one of the most decorated programs in TN single A ball.  I agree with you that D1 players dominate at this level. But it doesn’t always translate into championships. Give me a team full of hard nosed players that arewell coached and play with a lot of grit any day over A couple of D1 players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m just sitting here thinking about Milan and some of our best teams. 1998 and 1999 Milan was state champs. Not a single D1 player. Heck our best two players went on to play NAIA ball. Our 1999 was 15-0 and class 3A champs. Many people that were at the games that year said that Milan May have been the best team in the state that year regardless of class. Not a single D1 player. 

Fastforward to 2008 and 2009. Milan has 4 kids go on to play D1 ball, 2 in the SEC and 1 future nfl player. Didn’t win a title either year. They were runner-up both times. And honestly the 1999 Milan team was better than either of those two. D1 players meant nothing as far as winning the gold ball. 

34 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Did any of the kids on Whitwell’s team last year go on to get a scholly to play D1 ball?  I know Cornersville did not. But Greenback had them and LC and Huntingdung. 

I know NCS had several the year they won but what about Dresden (none although one went to UT Martin) or Union City the 2 years before that? (None). Even by your own admission South Pitt doesn’t get D1 players but they are one of the most decorated programs in TN single A ball.  I agree with you that D1 players dominate at this level. But it doesn’t always translate into championships. Give me a team full of hard nosed players that arewell coached and play with a lot of grit any day over A couple of D1 players. 

Greenback and Huntingdon had D1 kids sign last season? If they did that’s news to me. The point I am trying to make here is simple. 1A typically doesn’t see very much D1 talent. When a team in 1A has multiple D1 kids who are upperclassmen they usually play for a gold ball. Again, this doesn’t happen every year in 1A. The teams with multiple D1 kids, plus other good, hard nosed ball ball players usually win it all at this level. That’s what I see from several teams in 1A for 2019. SP has some good tough players, but no D1 kids mixed in with them. Greenback has BOTH. Lake County obviously has both as well. That’s a very tough combination to beat. Right or wrong, I’m just calling it like I see it. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Greenback and Huntingdon had D1 kids sign last season? If they did that’s news to me. The point I am trying to make here is simple. 1A typically doesn’t see very much D1 talent. When a team in 1A has multiple D1 kids who are upperclassmen they usually play for a gold ball. Again, this doesn’t happen every year in 1A. The teams with multiple D1 kids, plus other good, hard nosed ball ball players usually win it all at this level. That’s what I see from several teams in 1A for 2019. SP has some good tough players, but no D1 kids mixed in with them. Greenback has BOTH. That’s a tough combination to beat. Right or wrong, I’m just calling it like I see it. 

We didn’t have a player go D1 last year 

24 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’m just sitting here thinking about Milan and some of our best teams. 1998 and 1999 Milan was state champs. Not a single D1 player. Heck our best two players went on to play NAIA ball. Our 1999 was 15-0 and class 3A champs. Many people that were at the games that year said that Milan May have been the best team in the state that year regardless of class. Not a single D1 player. 

Fastforward to 2008 and 2009. Milan has 4 kids go on to play D1 ball, 2 in the SEC and 1 future nfl player. Didn’t win a title either year. They were runner-up both times. And honestly the 1999 Milan team was better than either of those two. D1 players meant nothing as far as winning the gold ball. 

The 1998 SP team had a D1 kid in Eddie Moore. They didn’t win it all either. They lost in the semifinals by a touchdown to a Trousdale team that also had some D1 caliber athletes. SP almost won it all that year on the back of that one player. Now, again my question is when those Milan teams won those titles.. were there other teams that had multiple D1 kids that year?