Preseason Top Ten!

41 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

What about a team full of hard-nosed players that are well coached and play with a lot of grit but also are D-1 athletes as well? Just because they are one doesn’t mean they can’t be the other. Greenback usually is in place to succeed because of athletic ability that is in the right situation/position. 

I agree 100%. And for the record I never said you couldn’t have both. But it is a rarity. Give a single A team a couple of D1 players and too many people are ready to crown them kings of the universe. And undoubtedly they will be a good team. However I just think it takes so much more to be a championship caliber team. And when you have a team with a couple of freak athletes and the rest are ready to work hard, be team players and give 110% you get a team that is almost unstoppable assuming they have good coaching and support. 

Thats been my contention all along is that having offers alone doesn’t equal championships. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree 100%. And for the record I never said you couldn’t have both. But it is a rarity. Give a single A team a couple of D1 players and too many people are ready to crown them kings of the universe. And undoubtedly they will be a good team. However I just think it takes so much more to be a championship caliber team. And when you have a team with a couple of freak athletes and the rest are ready to work hard, be team players and give 110% you get a team that is almost unstoppable assuming they have good coaching and support. 

Thats been my contention all along is that having offers alone doesn’t equal championships. 

I agree with a transfer is a transfer

On 5/19/2019 at 5:38 PM, GeneralAmerigha said:

How about this global warming?

(just trying to get as far off topic as possible with you guys)

I agree 

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Bass the LC kids being recruited by d1 schools are homegrown kids. That's the cool thing about it. No transfers. They all have played here all their lives. The rest of the falcon team is tough and play well with the others. LC should be a hard out come November. 

I don’t doubt they will. I mentioned in 2017 that Lake County was likely 2 years away from being a serious threat to win a gold ball. That time has arrived. 4 really good teams in 1A this season. Want to place bets on who the four semifinal teams will be? LMBO

33 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I don’t doubt they will. I mentioned in 2017 that Lake County was likely 2 years away from being a serious threat to win a gold ball. That time has arrived. 4 really good teams in 1A this season. Want to place bets on who the four semifinal teams will be? LMBO

No I got a good idea who it will be. Lol

13 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Lake County/Waynesworld and Orangeback/SP