East Tennessee Football

bisonpride1

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Anyone that doesn't respect Alcoa is just being petty. They're probably going to beat Blackman

Blackman will be tough. Long drive there, Saturday game, big crowd, huge school with lots of talent...It will definitely help prepare us for later in the year.  I know Blackman lost a lot last year but it looks like they just reloaded.

Since your a Middle TN guy, What can you tell me about them?

Whats your score prediction?

4 hours ago, knoxfan28 said:

The big question I have on Powell is their offensive line. I think defensively and their offensive weapons are going to be great but that o line is mostly brand new. This year, with the strength of schedule they have, that o line will need to grow up fast and learn how to play together. That is my same argument against Central too. Their defense and offensive weapons will be just as good as last year, especially their linebackers, but that o line is small with the center being the only returning player. South Doyle has weapons everywhere and did not lose anyone from the offensive line. That is why I think they could come out over Central for the region this year, but that final game against Powell is going to be a great game. Surprised it will not be on Thursday Night Rivals this year!

I think Powell returns 3 OL starters, so they shouldn't be completely green. Their schedule is brutal though - Greeneville, AC, and Fulton to open, then West, OR, and SD to close.

3 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Blackman will be tough. Long drive there, Saturday game, big crowd, huge school with lots of talent...It will definitely help prepare us for later in the year.  I know Blackman lost a lot last year but it looks like they just reloaded.

Since your a Middle TN guy, What can you tell me about them?

Whats your score prediction?

I think the travel involved is offset by the fact it's a Saturday game. Blackman does have talent, but they lost nearly every key contributor on offense either due to graduation or transfer. I believe their QBs return (or at least one of them), so they should be solid there. We're this any other small to medium size school, I'd say Blackman's depth would eventually take over, but because it's Alcoa, I'm not sure it'll work. I'll say Alcoa 35-20

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I don't know man, Greeneville just seems to have a way of.....  GHS is a football factory, so #4 in the state would definitely get my vote.     We host you guys in game 2 and I sincerely hope that you are still working out the kinks under the new head coach and the score is not too lopsided...  The last couple of meetings have been UGLY (2014 Greeneville 42  Boone 7, 2013 Greeneville 61   Boone 7).      It is so hard to know what anybody has until that first game, but based on today's insight I am going with Greeneville 38     Boone 7......   that's the halftime score......

All this respect and love for Greeneville. Aren’t you the same guy that said back on page 1 that “no team NE of Knoxville will make it past the 3rd rd?”  I will go back and check. 

14 hours ago, 32hammer said:

MJ is kind of like Pearl Cohn, despite the hype, I won't believe it til they win it. Its Oakland and Maryville again in 6A and Oakland has to travel this year in the playoffs.

Pearl-Cohn has two championships and PC went to state in 2015. So no you can't compare the two schools. We respect Alcoa run, but get your facts straight next time you speak on us!!!

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

All this respect and love for Greeneville. Aren’t you the same guy that said back on page 1 that “no team NE of Knoxville will make it past the 3rd rd?”  I will go back and check. 

I about called him out on it before you did BPM but since this is the 5a-6a thread I figured he meant no 5a-6a team NE of Knoxville will make it past the 3rd round.

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

I about called him out on it before you did BPM but since this is the 5a-6a thread I figured he meant no 5a-6a team NE of Knoxville will make it past the 3rd round.

Correct, my statement still stands for 5A/6A since that is where this thread lives.    Now Greeneville has an excellent chance of making Cookeville.