4 seeds should be Wildcards.

21 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Heck, lets just do the top two teams out of every region and eliminate a whole round in the playoffs.  Only disadvantage would be that it would probably keep some good teams home in some of the tougher regions.

Yeah wouldn’t really be fair that way.  You have regions that have 4 good teams and regions that have one 

48 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Heck, lets just do the top two teams out of every region and eliminate a whole round in the playoffs.  Only disadvantage would be that it would probably keep some good teams home in some of the tougher regions.

I think the top 2 in each region should be the only guaranteed playoff spot and the rest should be at large. Not every team in a region should make the playoffs if there is only 4 teams.

Edited by Appvol

17 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah wouldn’t really be fair that way.  You have regions that have 4 good teams and regions that have one 

Well, you just admitted that there are 2 or 3 teams better than that 4th team.  There was a time when 9 -1 teams didn't make it and not that long ago when only 2 teams made it and that was during the A-AA-AAA days.

27 minutes ago, rlh said:

Well, you just admitted that there are 2 or 3 teams better than that 4th team.  There was a time when 9 -1 teams didn't make it and not that long ago when only 2 teams made it and that was during the A-AA-AAA days.

I didn’t admit anything. Just because a team a loses to a team doesn’t mean the team they got beat by was better than them. 

47 minutes ago, rlh said:

Well, you just admitted that there are 2 or 3 teams better than that 4th team.  There was a time when 9 -1 teams didn't make it and not that long ago when only 2 teams made it that was during the A-AA-AAA days.

Your right.In 1980 Lake Co beat Meigs Co for the State title.Lake Co went undefeated that year.Lake Co had beaten Halls earlier that year that featured Michael Hudson,fastest player in the area.Hudson came close to breaking 2 long touchdownds in that game only to be caught by a Lake Co player that had the angle on him.Think that score was 20-6.Halls went 9-1 that season and didn't make the playoffs.Who knows what might had happened in a rematch

Edited by mrbigster

51 minutes ago, rlh said:

Yes sir and those days are long gone.That was tough high school ball back then.Region 2 sends 2 teams home every year that are def better than 2-4 of region 1.I would like for it to go to something more competitive for the playoffs.Most years the 1 an 2 game are useless.

41 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I didn’t admit anything. Just because a team a loses to a team doesn’t mean the team they got beat by was better than them. 

If you finish 4th in your region, district, you lost more than 1 game.  You lost at least 2, likely 3.  Often the 4th place teams have losing records on top of that.  Plus, several regions have only 5 or 6 teams while allowing 4 of them into the playoffs. 

Edited by rlh

I'm not for any playoff format that allows teams in based on overall wins.  Sure there are teams getting left out of the playoffs every year that are better than some that make it in.  

If one can't make the playoffs by being one of the top four in one's region, in my mind that automatically eliminates them at that point.

Afterall,  one should only make the playoffs determined by the games the Association says you HAVE to play.  Those are your region games.  Take care of your region and you're in.  (Of course there are tie-breakers)

Perfect system?  Heck no. You won't find one that is.