Mustang Football 2019

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

We are in the now. LC has a history that is better than Peabody's. LC has been relevant in every decade for the most part. Sure had some down years but Peabody hasn't been that relevant until here lately. Peabody had a few good teams in the past but far from a storied history. Good luck to the Peabody team.

Since 2006 Lake County has beat Peabody twice & they played every year until after 2016.... Peabody has owned Lake County in the past decade

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Since 2006 Lake County has beat Peabody twice & they played every year until after 2016.... Peabody has owned Lake County in the past decade

Be careful lakecounty1968 will bent out of shape. He doesn’t understand that we were barely in 2a and playing Milan, Huntingdon, Martin, Crockett, humboldt and others I’m sure I’m missing. They were playing west carrol , bruceton gleason greenfield south Fulton 

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Be careful lakecounty1968 will bent out of shape. He doesn’t understand that we were barely in 2a and playing Milan, Huntingdon, Martin, Crockett, humboldt and others I’m sure I’m missing. They were playing west carrol , bruceton gleason greenfield south Fulton 

Why don’t you just say region 7A sucks and quit tiptoeing around

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

I understand completely. Some of those years Peabody was also playing the same teams LC was. 

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I understand completely. Some of those years Peabody was also playing the same teams LC was. 

Only a few years though and we honestly were better in 1a  years ago. We didn’t really have any business in 2a when it was stacked in the mid 90’s 

Ok. Why are some acting as if Peabody is a traditional power. Heck of a team the past few years? Yes. Traditional power? No. As I recall besides some Kendall Harper years y'all were pretty low on the totem poll in Gibson county for years. Until y'all decided to spend some cashola with the stadium upgrades and Gaddis and Woods making pit stops in Trenton. The smartest thing y'all did was hire all those former HCs and got Mickey Marley to coach Jr High. But how much longer does it last? Seems like Milan has decided to finally open up the checkbook a bit more. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Ok. Why are some acting as if Peabody is a traditional power. Heck of a team the past few years? Yes. Traditional power? No. As I recall besides some Kendall Harper years y'all were pretty low on the totem poll in Gibson county for years. Until y'all decided to spend some cashola with the stadium upgrades and Gaddis and Woods making pit stops in Trenton. The smartest thing y'all did was hire all those former HCs and got Mickey Marley to coach Jr High. But how much longer does it last? Seems like Milan has decided to finally open up the checkbook a bit more. 

I believe it might last at least 4 more years.  They have a really good freshman class. They will always have athletes in that area though. 

It’s great to see these small town kids grow up together and see them developing together. Growing tradition. Knowing what the future can hold if they stick together. Town and community pride. Mustang Pride. Not having another town down the road mold a player. Then when you may have a down year, rushing out in the off season to see if there is a vacant house to see if you can use that address.